Author Topic: HOSTLINK COMMAND & EXCEL IMPORT  (Read 3330 times)

uknanoman

• View Profile
HOSTLINK COMMAND & EXCEL IMPORT
« on: May 16, 2023, 07:17:32 AM »
Hi Tech
          Seem to be having a little trouble with importing data from a wx100 using the hostlink commands. I have a spreadsheet setup which can happily connect to nano plcs on our network. When I tried to connect to my wx100 using the following web data link - http://153.52.35.180:9080/HOSTLINK/RVIA* - all works well and good at
the web page level. However, when I try to import the data to an excel cell the machine just keeps on trying and eventually comes up with a message that the data cannot be connected. This is strange because when I just simply use a web browser the expected data appears correctly in the web browser window. I them went and tried the same exercise on another pc and whilst I can again happily connect to nano plcs on the site and access data from the same integer location within the plc, then all is well and good, but then when I try it on the wx100, it seems to lock up just after clicking the import option. It seems as though there is some conflict at the excel
import stage??
Regards Nanoman

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: HOSTLINK COMMAND & EXCEL IMPORT
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 01:49:31 PM »
How do you access the PLC data from Excel?

Could it because the web query that worked with Nano-10 was written for the IP address of Nano-10 but not Wx100? You may need to re-define the Excel query:

If you add a new query on the Excel spreadsheet cell by specifying the IP address of Wx100 and the query string, did you get the response data string correctly (see below)?

We tested that on Excel 2016 and it is able to obtain the correct response string from Wx100.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

uknanoman

• View Profile
Re: HOSTLINK COMMAND & EXCEL IMPORT
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 07:57:00 AM »
Hi Tech
           Thanks for your response on this, although I had tried the link on a pc and a laptop with no real joy. I then tried it on yet another PC with excel 2016 and as you say it works fine and quickly. For whatever reason it seemed peculiar that it did connect to nano's without a problem so I did not think to try other versions. I think there could be some issue between my excel 2010 version and my operating systems. My Laptop is on Win 10 but my PC is on Win 7. So many legacy software issues I have not got around to the upgrades yet.

Anyway this excel link is a fantastic feature and I would recommend it to anyone for data logging etc.

Thanks for your Help

uknanoman