Author Topic: Erratic Online Monitoring of I/O Tables with WX100  (Read 5004 times)

uknanoman

• View Profile
Erratic Online Monitoring of I/O Tables with WX100
« on: December 22, 2022, 03:52:18 AM »
Hi Tech
Since using the Wx100 I have been having erratic problems with the online monitoring facility where it simply locks up when monitoring the i/o tables. When this situation occurs it seems only to freeze the I/O table connectivity but not the optional view variables window which still shows variables data activity. I have noticed that the situation never occurs when using the inbuilt simulator which shows the same screens albeit not monitoring via WIFI ethernet. I also get occasional  message saying program corrupt and lost connection whereby I have to reconnect to the Wx100. All in all it seems that it only occurs when connected via Wifi Ethernet. Just so you know my setup I am using The Wx100 connected via a Mango Mini Router which then gives me a local ethernet port as well as a wifi connection. The problem occurs whether I use the LAN port or WIFI connection, obviously as its a Wx100 it all comes via WIFI anyway. I have supplied a link to the product below. I have never experienced any monitoring problems before on other versions of TriLogic which I use for Nano's and FMD's 

The version number I am using is 7.5 Build 14
Mango / GL-MT300N-V2 - GL.iNet  https://www.gl-inet.com › products
mango mini smart router from www.gl-inet.com   
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 10:39:34 AM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Erratic Online Monitoring of I/O Tables with WX100
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 10:45:51 AM »
Can you view the console of the TL75 (the second TL75 icon with a console window) and see if it reports any error message and if so, what are the error messages?

You may also like to update your i-TRiLOGI to see if it helps. i-TRiLOGI is still evolving to meet the new capabilities added to Wx100 (as is the Wx100 firmware).
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

uknanoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 04:30:58 PM »
Hi Support
               Thanks for this response, I will have a look in the new year and report back.
Regards Peter

uknanoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 04:29:43 AM »
Hi Tech Support
                       Here's an attached screen shot of the problem when just after the failure occurs. In this case the monitoring lasted for about 10 secs before locking. The time period before locking does appear to be variable. The dos window contains everything from a clean restart of the iTrilogI so it seems to include the initial connection data log.

Regards Peter

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 01:38:21 PM »
We have sent you the firmware upgrader and latest i-TRiLOGI software download links. I believe the new firmware and software has resolved your reported issues.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

uknanoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 07:32:52 PM »
Hi Support
                Yes thanks for the firmware upgrade, it certainly did stop the erratic behaviour of monitoring, In fact I kept the monitor going for well over an hour without any problems at all. Many thanks
Regards Peter