Author Topic: E10 Relay+ inputs  (Read 5061 times)

leonstonebank

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
E10 Relay+ inputs
« on: December 11, 2022, 10:16:06 AM »
Hi i am using some switches to inputs 1-4 and a sensors on Input 6, Input 5  is causing a problem from a PC IO card
I do not see the input consistently ?
They are 24v PNP inputs
They are using a external PSU, Same as PLC supply do i need to add a wire to the Common?

I have tried Difu in the programme no joy.
I also have removed all the programme so i am just setting a latching relay from the difu from input 5

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: E10 Relay+ inputs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 10:32:42 AM »
Input 1-6 on the E10-Relay+ are all the same. If there is a problem with input #5 please check:

1) The wire from sensor to input #5. Make sure there is no partially broken wire that may intermittently conduct.

2) The input #5 screw terminal. Check that the solder pad at the bottom of the PCB is properly soldered and that the solder is not broken. Also check the solder pad of the resistor arrays connected to input #5 to make sure no broken solder.

You can write a simple program that when input #5 is toggled a counter will start to count down. Now apply a constant +24V DC to input #5 and try to pull the wire to input #5 and observe if the counter is triggered. If that happens it indicates that there are some problem with the input connection and you can continue the troubleshooting from there or request an RMA to send back to the factory for checking.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

leonstonebank

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply,
I have just tried on input 1, so sure its not a fault with PLC,
I can see the led flash, gets about 1 in 10 inputs and the programme is pretty simple
Input 1 = difu1
difu1 sets latch Output 1
Just for testing.
It is the first time i have used it with a input from this type of device, normally sensors or switches

I am trying to see if i can get any help from the keyence vision system about output speed?

The system all runs of the same 24v DC supply

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 06:07:04 PM »
Are you sure the output from the sensor is PNP? Can you measure the applied voltage to the PLC's digital input to see if you are getting a 24VDC? If the sensor output requires a pull up resistor to pull up to 24V power then you need to add it in order for it to work properly.

leonstonebank

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 10:36:28 PM »
Hi Its a output from a vision system.
the common is a +24v dc
transistor output

the led flashes but it may not go high enough maybe?
i assume the led will flash at a lower voltage than 8v dc which i think the input needs to be activated?
I do see the led flash each time, so it may be the time the input is turned on for, possible never getting more than 8v on a meter I see no change but led flash

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 01:30:46 PM »
The LED flashes if there are current flowing through it but it does not mean that the input is recognized by the CPU. 

Are you able to measure the output from the vision system before you connect to the PLC's digital inputs? That way you can be sure what is the output voltage like when the output is ON and OFF.

Remember that the input to E10-Relay+ must be PNP type (i.e. between 18 to 24VDC when ON and 0-3V when OFF) so the output from the vision system must be compatible with the input requirement of the PLC for the CPU to recognize it.