Author Topic: I do not get interruptions with FMD88  (Read 8517 times)

ROBBYG43

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
I do not get interruptions with FMD88
« on: May 28, 2021, 05:23:43 PM »
I haven't done anything with PLC for a long time. A client asks me for a simple application to control two stepper motors with their corresponding limit switches for the detection of the Home and a switch to detect a position that varies and from which I must memorize the two coordinates. I want to detect this last switch by interruption but I have not been able to do it, not even the interrupt example that comes with the trilogi TL67 software works for me. Is there a place where I can see examples of applications with interruptions or a tutorial?
Any help is welcome

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: I do not get interruptions with FMD88
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:44:26 PM »
If you are using the input interrupt (defined by INTRDEF), remember that interrupt channel #1, 2, 3, 4 are mapped to digital inputs #3,4,5,6.

So please use input #3,4,5 or 6 as interrupt input. Digital input #1,2,7,8 do not support interrupt function.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

ROBBYG43

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 04:06:41 PM »
Thank you very much for your prompt response. So I defined them, but I have doubts if the interruptions can be simulated with the simulator I dont have yet a real board to test it

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 08:56:06 AM »
You are right that current version of i-TRiLOGI does not simulate interrupt. Different model of our PLCs have different mapping of the interrupts channel to the physical inputs, so we did not add that function to the simulator to avoid confusing the users.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:02:25 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

ROBBYG43

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 03:13:14 PM »
Thank you very much for the information, I have already been able to test with a real board and I have seen that everything works fine. Where I could see examples of the use of interruptions to learn from those who have already done this experience?

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re: I do not get interruptions with FMD88HMI
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 04:08:41 PM »
I posted PLC application that provides support to test a physical stepper motor. The code uses a single limit switch that is used to find the home position for the stepper.  This code used an external stepper driver so that used only 2 signals from the PLC, step and direction.

The code was written to allow me to test acceleration profiles.

The post includes documentation to explain how the code operates. There is, also, user interface code that runs on Wientek touch screen HMI. 

You can operate the code without the HMI using either the simulator or the on-line monitor with real hardware.

I did not use the interrupt system to stop stepper movement.  I used ladder logic to handle the switch input and invoke a custom function to stop the stepper motion.

i found that the interrupt approach was not necessary for my application.

I suggest that you use this code as a starting point.  Get it to work with out interrupts, first.  Then change the code to use interrupts and see if this improves how your system operates.

The following is a link to this forum where you can find the PLC code and it’s documentation:

https://triplc.com/smf/index.php/topic,2347.msg8397.html#msg8397

Best regards,

Gary Dickinson

ROBBYG43

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »
Thanks Gary, surely these examples will be very useful as a guide to start generating good stepper motor controls through this PLC