Author Topic: Programming to PLC  (Read 7137 times)

shahid

• View Profile
Programming to PLC
« on: September 29, 2019, 08:26:06 AM »
I am new to PLC programming. I had some old PLCs lying around in our lab and i wanted to learn to program using these PLCs. Now the problem i am facing is in loading program or trying to connect to PLC. Whenever i try to connect to PLC it asks for a password which no one here knows as these have not been used for some time now. I went through some old threads relating this problem. And i tried sending command IR* but it replies with PWER* instead of IR01* or something like that. Can you tell me the problem or what can i do to solve this issue?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: Programming to PLC
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 08:21:01 PM »
You mentioned in one of your emails that you have T100MD+ PLC which is EOL 8 years ago.

Anyway, it sounds like either someone has put a password in the PLC or the EEPROM is corrupted or damaged. You can try to use TRiLOGI software to transfer a program into the PLC and it will ask you if you want to delete the password and select yet. After you have transferred the program you can turn power off to ON again and see if the new program works. If the new program is not retained then the EEPROM is damaged and you may need to purchase a replacement.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

plcdroid

• View Profile
    • Learn PLC
Re: Programming to PLC
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:47 PM »
I also just learned about PLC.

But I have a reference to learn PLC easily
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:01:24 PM by plcdroid »