Author Topic: Doing a search in the program  (Read 5929 times)

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Doing a search in the program
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:52:51 PM »
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to find a actual relay or output without finding every single word or relay that has some of the same letters in it?
Example lets say I have a relay # 147 and it has been defined as (Fault) but I also have relays defined as Fault_1 through Fault_50.
When you do a search for "Fault" the program will stop ant every single thing with the Fault in it including any text in any comments.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:Doing a search in the program
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
Lorne,

The simple answer is "no".

I use a text editor named, Notepad++, to perform complex edits and spell check my custom functions (and comments in ladder logic).  I copy and paste between the i-TRiLOGi CF editor and Notepad++.  NotePad++ is a much more powerful editor.  Unfortunately, NotePad++ doesn't know the language rules for TBASIC.  In theory, you can customize NotePad++ to understand TBASIC but I am not smart enough to do it.

It is possible to output all of the CFs to a text file from i-TRILOGi.  This is useful for some documentation and editing purposes, but i-TRILOGi cannot has no mechanism to reload the CFs with the edited versions.

It is possible to output the I/O tables to an Excel file, but there is no mechanism to load them back into i-TRiLOGi.

It is possible to input and output the #Define table to a Excel.  I use this mechanism both to perform big edits on the #Define table and to help generate Address tables for Weintek HMI programming.

Gary D

Gary D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:05:05 PM by garysdickinson »