Author Topic: Webserver and excel link on startup  (Read 7937 times)

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Webserver and excel link on startup
« on: February 27, 2018, 11:48:41 PM »
Hi. Is it possible to have webserver and excel link start in the background and not minimized on startup of win xp?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Webserver and excel link on startup
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:57:49 AM »
You can create a short cut for the "C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\TLSvr32Launcher.exe"  (right click and select Send To -> Desktop).

Next drag the shortcut into Windows Startup folder and then when you restart windows the TLServer will be loaded automatically.

You may try to do the same for "ExcelLink21Launcher.exe". But usually we recommend opening up Excel software first before running ExcelLink to ensure the DDE linke can be properly established. In any case you will still need to manually click to run the ExcelLink software so there isn't a lot of advantage to launch it automatically.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:39:08 AM »
Hi. I'm currently doing that but there is a possibility of the windows being accidentally closed. Besides, it will look more professional if both the TL server and Excel link is running in the background instead of being minimized in the bottom tab. Any way to run both in background?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »
Current generation of ExcelLink and TLServer are not able to run in the background without an open window. There really isn't a demand for such a feature so far. If the program runs in the background without you knowing there are people would wouldn't like it either.

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 01:50:55 AM »
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have another problem. Excel Link is having intermittent issue of Lost connection with DDE server. Any idea what may be the issue?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:06:11 PM »
What is the MS Excel version?

Excellink communicates using a Java DDE client libary that makes connection with the MS Excel. The problem is that it is hard to pin point where the communication is lost. Is it from ExcelLink, the DDE client library, DDE server on the MS-Excel or Excel itself.

When you lose communication, would restarting the ExcelLink solve the problem? If not, do you have to also restart the MS Excel to resolve the problem?

If you reduce the number of active programs running on your computer to just ExcelLink, MS Excel and (optionally) the TLServer, do you still lose communication often?  How long do you run the program before it starts to lose communication?

can

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:54:45 AM »
Hi. I'm using win XP system to run only TLServer, ExceLink, Excel and a exe file which is activated by Excel Shell occasionally. Excel 2013 and connected to FMD88 via RS485.

Error 1: com.neva.DdeException ddeError=0x400b - A request for a synchronous poke transaction has timed out
Error 2: com.neva.DdeClientTransactionEvent[source=com.neva.DdeClient@1d10a5c]
Error 3: com.neva.DdeException ddeError=0x4006 - Invalid parameter

Sometimes, I see these errors but the program can still run normally.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:56:10 AM by can »