Author Topic: Dip Switch 2  (Read 5848 times)

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Dip Switch 2
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »
I have another crazy question for tech support
I noticed that on the new FX series PLC & Smart Tile that dip switch 2 is no longer used.
If this is true then is there any way possible to access the status of dip switch 2 to be able to access it as a user defined setting?
A user dip switch is a great feature to have on any PLC

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Dip Switch 2
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:35 AM »
It may be a good idea for some applications, but unfortunately current version of the firmware does not support access to the DIP switch status via the PLC software (it is meant to be handled at the system firmware level only and we didn't want unsuspecting users to mess with the DIP switch settings which could trigger system level events that lead to more support problems).

Since you are a SmartTILE customer it may make more sense for you to add DIP switches to your carrier board as part of the expansion I/Os. That way you get many more DIP switches for your own use.

Having said that, it could still be offered in future firmware version if there is an actual need for it. You can register your strong wish with the development team and see if a customized, trial version could be offered for your testing and if it works well for you it could eventually find its way into standard production firmware.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Re:Dip Switch 2
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »
I would very much like to bring this question to your design team but how do I proceed from here?
Do I send them an email if so what is the correct email address? or do they read these posts?