Author Topic: Protecting the TRiLOGI program  (Read 6423 times)

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Protecting the TRiLOGI program
« on: October 25, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »
I have been playing around and have now got the TRiLOGI software into a new Windows 10 tablet
The PLC is plugged into a wireless router
I set up the view protect so that all the custom functions are hidden
However I still have full access to all the other features.
Is there anyway in which to have the software on the tablet as well as the program and make it so that it only has viewing rights and not have the ability to make any changes?
This then would allow me to give the tablet to someone that only needs to monitor the program but not be able to change/print or save to any where.
The final result is that I need the tablet solely for viewing and nothing else

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Protecting the TRiLOGI program
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:23:34 PM »
If the user does not need to view the ladder logic, then all you need to do is to make a copy of your .PC6/PC7 file and then delete the entire program but keep all the I/O table and #Define table intact.

Your technician will still be able to go online monitoring to view the I/O status and View Variable screens to view all the data on the PLC.

You can set a create a user password on the TLServer with level 3 access (User level) and this user will not be able to change any variables inside the PLC nor reprogram the PLC.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Re:Protecting the TRiLOGI program
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
Wow I never thought about the scenario that I could delete the program and the customer could then view all the I/O
I will definitely look into that solution.
I was already aware of the settings in TL server for password setting.
Thanks for the suggestions