Author Topic: Save as problem 7.12 build 3  (Read 6067 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Save as problem 7.12 build 3
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »
I updated to Trilogi 7.12 build 3 this weekend and discovered a problem.

If you do a  "save as" of a PLC program with a date in the file name like PLC 10.3.2017 rev 1  it wont save the PLC file correctly.

If you save it, is does save a file in the desired location, but you can't see it to reload it. If I look with file manager a file has been saved to the directory, but it has the file extension  FILE  instead of the desired PC7 file type.  

If you remove the date with separating periods from the file name, it saves correctly. Windows has no problem with the inclusion of periods in the filename.

In previous versions  of Trilogi the inclusion of the date with periods did not cause any problems.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Save as problem 7.12 build 3
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »
If you want to include period in the file name you should specifically add in the extension ".PC7" at the end of the file name. TL7 does not automatically append the .PC7 extension if the file name entered already include period. This is to allow TL7 to save to file with other extension besides .PC7 (e.g. you can save file as .PC6 extension). So basically the file you have saved to is "PLC 10.3.2017 rev 1" without the .PC7 extension.

In your case you can still see and open the file name if you specify '*.*" in the file name field since that will not use extension filter "*.PC7".

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Re:Save as problem 7.12 build 3
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 04:25:53 PM »
Well at least that works.  Obtuse, but it works.

I believe it would be much more logical if the file type pulldown when you are doing a save as displayed  possible file types for the user to select such as PC7 and PC6