Author Topic: Turbo Mode  (Read 8284 times)

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
Turbo Mode
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »
I just thought I should let you know that there is still a bug in the transferring of a program when using the wireless
If you click on use turbo transfer mode the program will just hang up for ever and you must hit abort to reset then do the transfer without clicking on use turbo transfer mode.
Software Version 7.11 build 4
Fx-CPU F91.5

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Turbo Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
What do you mean by "wireless" mode?

Note that Turbo Transfer mode in TL7 will not work if the PC running i-TRiLOGI is on different network from the PLC as it requires the server (PLC) to make a TCP connection back to the client (the PC) and this is usually blocked by the client side firewall if they are on a different network.

The regular transfer mode uses only the single TCP connection that the client makes to the server and would work even if the two are on separate networks.

If the client PC can make a VPN connection with the server so that the client join the server network then Turbo Transfer mode would work.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:49:32 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »
Sorry I should have explained it better.
I have the PLC connected to a wireless router and I transfer and monitor the PLC using the wireless network
Thats how I discovered that everything will lock up if you click on used Turbo Mode

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
One side note - Since you mentioned you are using version 7.11 you may want to upgrade to new 7.12 which have vastly improved search function. Simply type any characters while on the ladder editor and you are given a list of all the I/O labels that begin with that character - so you can locate any I/O labels without remember their full name.

Likewise while you are in the custom function editor, typing any text in the "Find" box will bring up a list of #define names, I/O labels, keywords etc that begin with the characters you type.  So that way you can locate whatever variable name you want to find using the "Find All" button.

We have been using these new time saving features for our own programming and find it a very helpful feature that would benefit TRiLOGI programmers and therefore we strongly recommend the upgrade.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
Sorry I should have explained it better.
I have the PLC connected to a wireless router and I transfer and monitor the PLC using the wireless network
Thats how I discovered that everything will lock up if you click on used Turbo Mode

Is your PC connected to the same Wi-Fi network on the Wi-Fi router that the PLC is attached to?

If so, then most likely the failure is caused by Windows blocking incoming connection through the Wi-Fi.

First thing to check is to make sure that your Wi-Fi is setup as being connected to a private network. If your Wi-Fi is marked as public network then the Windows Firewall blocks all the incoming connection that Turbo Transfer mode need to make so it prevented the transfer. See this video if you have question:

https://tinkertry.com/how-to-change-windows-10-network-type-from-public-to-private

After changing the network to private you will need to add Javaw.exe to the firewall exception list. One way to trigger it is to first turn off the Windows fire wall on your private network. Then try to do a turbo transfer again and if it succeed you know it is the firewall issue.

When you manage to successfully transfer over Wi-Fi, then you can turn the firewall back on and then try again. This time Windows may warn you about the incoming connection by jawaw.exe and you should allow it as shown in the following screen capture:

If the exception rule is properly added you should be able to perform turbo transfer over the Wi-Fi.

(Note you may need to restart the PLC during your testing if the connection failed because a previous TCP connection may have been left half-open and preventing TRiLOGI from making another turbo transfer connection.)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:48:47 AM by support »

Lorne Van Dusen

• I'm a old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
Thanks for the answer
I did think it was strange that I could transfer the program as well as monitor it over the wireless yet it only had a problem if I tried to download using turbo mode. The turbo mode works great via the Ethernet connection
I will definitely try your suggestions.

If not it only takes a short time t do the transfer without the Turbo Mode

Lorne