Author Topic: wiring  (Read 7029 times)

ezrameindra

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
wiring
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:37:19 PM »
can anyone help me to wiring super plc f2424 to this driver
i got a problem with backwarding stepper motor, my stepper motor cant move backward only move forward
thx a lot

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
Is the wiring diagram supplied by the driver's manufacturer? Seems like the motor is only driven by a 2.5V DC?

What kind of voltage input does the driver IC expect from the PLC? Note that the PLC outputs are 24V NPN (current sink) and when OFF it is pulled up to the PLC's positive rail via a 5.6K ohm resistor and output red LED. When ON it is sinked to near 0V.  Please check if the output of the Fx2424 is compatible with your driver IC's required input voltage and current.

Also check that the wirings to the stepper motor coils are correct.  You can check the voltage cross the A and C coil and B and D coil when the direction signal is turned from OFF to ON.  The polarity of the voltage appears across A-C and B-D should reverse when the direction changes.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

ezrameindra

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:21:44 AM »
thx for ur answer and correction A Connected to ic lm297 pin A , B connected to ic lm297 pin B , C connected to ic lm297 pin C , D connected to ic lm297 pin D
that driver works fine with button but when i try using super plc , supply clock ic lm297 using pulse and supply cw/ccw using direction from super plc (and remove ne555) , it works only forward movement, when i give negative pulse its didnt move backward. okay i will check it

then make it a-d and b-c?
thx a lot for ur answer
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:23:21 AM by ezrameindra »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:48 AM »
Are you using L297 stepper motor controller IC? This IC input voltage is TTL, not quite compatible with the 24V NPN output from the PLC. I am intrigued that the pulsing seems to work since the motor is able to rotate in one direction when pulsing.

You can try to let the PLC supply only the pulse and use a push button to control the CW/CCW signal pin, and check if it will correctly change the direction in response to the push button control? If it does it means that the directional signal from the PLC is not correctly accepted by the stepper driver circuit and you will need to convert the output signal from the PLC to TTL level in order to interface with the L297 driver IC.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

ezrameindra

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
thanks for the answer sir, its so helpfull
yes sir i use l297 stepper motor controller, hmmm ttl okay then. so thats why this motor cant move backward?
yeah it can move forward if i connecting the enable pin with clock pin. but no respon if i give negative pulse.

yeah, it works fine with forward and backward movement when i only supply the pulse and using push button. thats why i feel confused with the wiring to make this motor can move backward

so i need to convert output signal to ttl level sir? okay ill do it as soon as possible.

thx a lot sir