Author Topic: iTRiLOGI 6.50 build 09, 7.10 build09  (Read 6228 times)

montyk

• View Profile
iTRiLOGI 6.50 build 09, 7.10 build09
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
iTRiLOGI 6.50 build 09 was work last week on Java 1.7 I upgraded to Java 1.8 today and now the simulation will not work for either 6.50 or 7.10 even when I use a sample program. The simulator open normally up it will not run and then when it is closed it will restart but it will then lot up the iTRiLOGI to the point that I have to use Task Manager to close.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:iTRiLOGI 6.50 build 09, 7.10 build09
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
Are you using Windows XP?

Windows XP only support Java up to  Java 1.7. If you upgrade to Java 1.8 it will not work properly.

If this is the case, remove the JRE 1.8 and re-install JRE 1.7 and it should work again.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

montyk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 07:20:45 PM »
I am running Windows 7 professional 64bit. I tried reinstalling 1.7 but it still does not work. I uninstalled iTRilogi and then reinstalled but that did not work either. I was running the beta version.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
I would suggest that you uninstall all tracess of of the TRI software and all traces of Java 1.4

I suggest that you download "revo uninstaller" and use this to uninstall the iTrilogi software. I have been using TRI software since 2004 and have run into some really weird stuff.  You can download a trial version that is 100% functional for 30 days. It is worth purchasing.

Revo uninstaller will remove the program using the program's uninstaller. Then it hunts through the registry and file systems to get rid of any "Klingons".

Do the same for Java.

Now install the latest Java.  Then install the latest version of iTrilogi.

Oh and you may want to reboot your PC.  TRI software is JAVA based and when it screws up it often leaves the Java software running as sort of a zombie process.  Until you kill off Java, the TRI software will flounder.

If you are trying to get iTrilogi to start by clicking on a .PC6 or .PC7 file you may not have much luck.  There are problems with this sort of thing and they do seem to change with the versions of JAVA.  

I had to throw in those last two recommendations, because they tend to "fix" a lot of the problems.

I am one of TRI's grumpiest customers.  I assure you that 6.50 build 9 is the best behaved version, ever.  I am running it on both win 7, 64 bit and on a win 10 system.

I am a firm believer in doing a complete "purge" when problems show up with new versions oh the TRI tools.  I always "purge" before installing new versions of iTrilogi.  I helps me keep my blood pressure in a safer range.

Gary D*ickinson
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:46:58 AM by garysdickinson »