Author Topic: Terminate online monitoring when using ethernet  (Read 5637 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Terminate online monitoring when using ethernet
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
I am using Fx242 with Triologi 7.03 Build 7 and Ethernet connection to my PC

I have no problem using On-Line monitoring, but can't seem to terminate online monitoring at the PC.

Control+M starts the monitoring - so what is the way to terminate it from the PC ?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Terminate online monitoring when using ethernet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:02 PM »
To clock online monitoring - just click on the online monitoring window and press the Escape key. You can also close it by clicking on the close box [ x ] at the upper right corner.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:42:50 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »
Great ! I was able to discover this after a bit of experimenting while I waited for your  response. I think your manual needs to add how to turn off online monitoring to the on-line monitoring section where it shows very well how to turn it on.

I normally start online monitoring by using the controller/online monitoring pull down. Ctrl-M is nice to turn it on - possibly the Ctrl-M function could be a toggle so it can both start and stop online monitoring ???

During debug the very nice online monitoring is used extensively so an easy and similar way to turn it on and off could be very helpful.

Thanks to all.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.

The Ctrl-M key is for monitoring so if the monitoring screen is hidden behind other windows it is therefore a quick keyboard shortcut for user to bring the monitoring screen to the front. Using the Escape key to close the monitoring screen should be pretty intuitive once you start using it.

If you download the latest (build 02) of i-TRiLOGI version 6.50 and 7.10 you will find an "End" button next to the red "On-Line Monitoring" highlighted title as shown below.

If you click on the "On-Line Monitoring" symbol itself it will bring the monitoring screen into focus. If you click on the "End" button it will close the online monitoring screen. So this is a one click solution.

There are a lot of new features in the TL65 and TL71 described in the following forum thread:

http://www.triplc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2176
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS