Author Topic: iTRiLOGI Version 6.50 and 7.10  (Read 34798 times)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
iTRiLOGI Version 6.50 and 7.10
« on: August 15, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
The beta version of the new major revision (i-TRiLOGI version 6.50 and 7.10) is now available for download via the "Help -> TRiLOGI Upgrade" menu from your current version of i-TRiLOGI. While we are preparing the documentation to go with the actual release this software is released as a beta now for individual users to test on their own system.We would appreciate your feedback of any issues.

The new software requires Java 6 or newer and no longer require you to install JRE 1.4.2_19. You can use the latest version of Java run time system on your PC to run the i-TRiLOGI and the new TLServer 3.2.

The following describes the major changes so that existing users can have a quick glance of the improvement and decide if you wish to upgrade to the new version.

Most of the new features are programming aid to help programmer edit their program and to better visualize the program they create.

1) Auto-completion - right click on the word that is partially completed and the software will search to find a list of I/O labels, #define name or keyword to help you complete the word. Pick from the popup menu the word you are looking for and it will replace the partial word with the selected word:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:40:00 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re:iTRiLOGI Version 6.50 and 7.10
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
2) Mouse-over help on variable, defined name or I/O label. You can now move your mouse over a variable name, an I/O label name or  a defined name (via the #Define table) and the software will report its value and the source (what kind of I/O or the actual variable name of a defined name).

If the online monitoring screen is open, mouse over will give you a real time report of the actual value of the variable. If the online monitoring screen is closed, then mouse over will give you the last retrieved value stored in the software. For debugging you should keep the online monitoring window opened.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:18:24 PM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
3) Defined name lookup on the view variable screen - simply click on any variable name A to Z, A# to Z#, A$ to Z$, any DM or FP variable and the software will perform a reverse look up and display any defined name.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:21:28 PM by support »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »
4) New "View" "Open" and "Go Back" navigation buttons added when you right click inside the custom function editor which helps you to move from one C.F to another or retreat back to the last C.F.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
5) Zoom in and out with a single-click or by pressing F11 and F12 keys.  You can perform a system wide zoom from the ladder logic editor, and you can also individually change the font size of the comment editor or the custom function editor using the font size change buttons or F11 and F12 keys:

Comment Editor zoom buttons (you can use F11 and F12 key too).

Custom Function Editor zoom buttons (you can use F11 and F12 key too).

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:35:41 PM by support »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
Having difficulty with new version. When attempting to run 6.50 I get the "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" window with this message: "Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion' has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required."

If I click "OK" on this window I get a series of additional error windows for Java:

Error: could not find java.dll

Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment

At present I have versions of Java 1.8, 1.7 and 1.4 installed.  Using the Java control panel I have disabled all of the versions of Java except 1.7 and this does not allow i-TriLOGI to run.

Suggestions?

gary d

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
It probably have something to do with the multiple JVM setup. Googled and found some similiar reports and hopefully the suggestions by other users can be helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26324486/properly-installing-java-8-along-with-java-7

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In the START menu type "regedit" to open the Registry editor

Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" on the left-hand side registry explorer/tree menu

Click "SOFTWARE" within the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" registries

Click "JavaSoft" within the "SOFTWARE" registries

Click "Java Runtime Environment" within the "JavaSoft" list of registries here you can see different versions of installed java

Click "Java Runtime Environment"- On right hand side you will get 4-5 rows . Please select "CurrentVersion" and right Click( select modify option) Change version to "1.7"

Now the magic has been completed
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:09:50 PM by support »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »
The registry edit did not help as my system does not have a JavaSoft registry key.

This is what I did:
1. Uninstalled all traces of i-TRiLOGI
2. Uninstalled all versions of Java (1.4, 1.7 and 1.8)
3. Rebooted my PC
4. Scrubbed the registry for left overs using CCleaner
5. Installed only the most current version of Java, 1.8.0_60
6. Installed new (beta) version of i-TRiLOGI

Now I can get both the 6.50 and 7.10 versions of i-TRiLOGI to run.

Thanks,

Gary D*ckinson
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:43:13 PM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »
Thank you for the update. I googled again on this issue and found out that on 64-bit Windows the Javasoft registry key is in the following folder:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/JavaSoft/Java Runtime Environment/CurrentVersion

I guess since you have already uninstalled everything and re-installed new JVM and now get TRiLOGI to work, you won't need to do this anymore and this information is for the benefit of those who may encounter the same problem that you did.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy using the new features and do feel free to report any issues you face.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Small issues with "Define Variable Names"
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »
The move to current Java versions has solved many of the ugly behaviors and interactions with other programs. This is a welcome improvement.  I've noticed several other improvements.

I have noticed a couple things with the "Define Variable Names" window:
  • When first opened by pressing on the #Define button in the Custom Function Editor, the "Define Variable Names" window opens to and places it's focus not at the first entry in the table but about line #127 to #147.  If the pc6 file is saved and i-TRiLOGI is exited and restarted the "Define Variable Names" window will open to this odd position.  This suggests some variable in i-TRiLOGI is getting initialized with a value unrelated to the table of of defines.
  • The Delete Row function quits working, often. The "Delete Row" menu selection from the right-click menu has no effect.  I have not been able to easily reproduce the sequence of events that leads to this function failing, but exiting and restarting i-TRiLOGI fixes the problem for a while.  I suspect that the row # variables used in the "Define Variable Names" window "thinks" that I have specified an row to delete that is not presently visible (this may be related to the issue with this window starting at odd line numbers...).
  • The behavior of the Delete Row function is vastly improved over the older code.  The current behavior is predictable. If you delete row #10 the focus goes to row #9.  This does force you to keep re-positioning the focus if you what to delete a group of lines starting at line #10 through #20.  It may turn out that if I retrain myself to delete starting at #20 and work upwards that I'd fight less with the editor.
  • If the line is blank there is no confirmation window before deletion. If the Line contains text then there is a confirmation window. This seems a bit inconsistent.
  • Edits of the Define table are not tracked as a modification to a file. If you edit the define table and then attempt to exit the file, the "File has been modified" window will not pop up and you will not be presented with the "Do you want to Save Current File?" dialog.

p.s. I'm seeing the same behaviors with "insert row" for the define table.  It just stops working and I have to exit and restart i-TRiLOGI to get it working, again.

Gary D*ickinson
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:09:34 PM by garysdickinson »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Custom funciton editor behavior
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 02:16:28 PM »
The lower window for the custom function editor can overlap the main edit window. This results in the edit cursor disappearing and the horizontal scroll bar disappearing.

It is possible to fit the overlap by moving the dividing bar between the window, but this is just smply messy behavior. I would assume that the two text boxes are not to overlap but to share the Custom function editor window in some more graceful fashion.

Gary D*ickinson

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 11:46:57 PM »
Gary - Thank you for your invaluable feedback, as always.

We have just released build 02 of the i-TRiLOGI 6.50 and 7.10 beta (same download link).

We have fixed a number of display issues when zooming in and out to very large extent during our tests. So the new version should work well for those who have very high resolution monitor and need to make the software more readable.

Regarding the #define table issues, we have fixed it and make the insert row/delete row more logical by having the focus stay on the same row after you have inserted or deleted a row.

As for the deleting of blank row we feels that it is quicker for user to delete a number of unused rows without having to answer to confirmation request so that will stay.

We are however unable to reproduce this issue:
When first opened by pressing on the #Define button in the Custom Function Editor, the "Define Variable Names" window opens to and places it's focus not at the first entry in the table but about line #127 to #147.

When we open a file and #Define table for the first time the focus is on the first row. If you can send us your file we can check to see if any issue with the file that could have resulted in the issue.

We have fixed the issue that you reported regarding dragging of the divider bar on the custom function editor split screen.

Please feel free to feedback to us if you encounter any new issues.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:56:25 PM by support »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:27 AM »
Thanks, I just downloaded build #02.  I still have the #Define issue with the window opening at about line #127.

I've attached the PC6 file that I have observed this problem.  The #Define table opens with the focus on line #1 in 6.49 build 04.

Build #02 does not fix the issue where edits to the #Define table are not considered an edit to the PC6 file. Exiting i-TRiLOGI does not result in the "File has been modified" window that requests confirmation, "Do you want to Save Current File?

This issue exists in 6.49 build 04.  So it isn't a new problem.

The Define Variable Names Insert/Delete rows functions fail in Build 02 and requires exiting and restarting of i-TRiLOGI to get these functions to work.

I have, also, noticed that in some cases, the Insert row command will insert a new row somewhere else in the Define Variables table other than where I have clicked on a row.  I suspect that the Insert/delete functions are not failing, but some row # variables that are attempting to track focus variable has gotten scrambled.  I suspect that this is the case with the table oppenning to the wrong row.

Gary D*ickinson
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:49:50 PM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »
Thank you for sharing the file. We were able to reproduce your reported issue (#define table opens up at row 127). We will submit this bug report which should be fixed in the next or official release.

Normally you can only access the #Define table by opening up a custom function, which would result in the program alerting you to save the file when you quit regardless of whether you have made any changes to the #Define table so we are a little surprise of your report as we can't replicate it. Anyway I believe we can add in that condition in the next release.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:53:19 PM by support »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
I can duplicate the issue with editing the #Define table does not prompt for a file change on version 6.49 build 04 running with Java 1.4 on a PC that has never had the beta software installed.

I'm pretty sure that this behavior has existed for a long time.  

Gary D