Author Topic: HMI to FMD communication protocol  (Read 9298 times)

Gcovington

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
HMI to FMD communication protocol
« on: October 28, 2015, 03:18:14 PM »
I recently purchased an FMD88-10 plc and KEP HMI mT6070ie.  I also purchased the cable to connect them.  I am having trouble establishing communication between the PLC and the HMI.  I am using Com1 on the PLC which I set the baud and protocol in the first scan.  I have downloaded sample projects in the HMI but have not found a matching sample for the FMD plc that I could use as a starting point to establish communication and figure out the addressing.

If anyone has a sample project with the KEP HMI and FMD processor that could get me started it would be much appreciated.

I have tried the Free Protocol and the Modbus Server.  

Thanks,

Glenn

jonathan.kaye

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:HMI to FMD communication protocol
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:28 AM »
Did your mT6070 come with the easybuilder software? The software that comes with the mT6070 should have a special driver which has all the Tri PLC's registers pre-mapped.

If you download the latest on from Weintek it does not have the driver/map!  

In EasyBuilder go to EDIT->System Parameters->(under "device" tab) click new->"plc type"->Tri PLC

When you add buttons you can see the read and write addresses of the Tri PLC.

Gcovington

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:29:25 AM »
I downloaded the latest from Weintek V5.02.02.001 Build 2015.10.06.  When I go to add new device there is not a Tri PLC available.  I found some drivers from the TriPLC website Tri_FX.dll and Tri_FX.e30 but I think these are for the F-series plcs.   I put them in the folders as recommended but they do not show up in the list of devices either.

Maybe I should uninstall and try again?

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
The driver support for the Trilog PLCs is not provided by the manufacturer, Weintek.  The drivers were added by the US distributor KEP. You can download a version of Easy Builder Pro from their website kep.com that has both of the TRI_FX and the TRI drivers installed.

Adding the TRI_FX and TRI .dll and .e30 files will not make these PLC drivers visible for EasyBuilder Pro down loaded from Weintek.  There is another file, "devicetype.def", that has been modified by KEP to reference the TRI_FX and TRI drivers.  The ".def" file is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EBpro

If you copied the "deficetype.def" file from a version of EasybuilderPro supplied by KEP as well as the drivers, you could make your version work.

Please note that the TRI driver that supports the FMD series of PLCs does not support access to DM32[] (32 bit access) very gracefully.  If you wrote conversion macros for the HMI you can use the TRI driver to access DM32.

You can use the version of EasyBuilder Pro that you have installed if you use the Modbus RTU driver with the FMD series PLC.

Gary D*ickinson
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:38:37 AM by garysdickinson »