Author Topic: FileZilla 3.11.0.2 and Fx/FMD PLCs  (Read 5523 times)

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
FileZilla 3.11.0.2 and Fx/FMD PLCs
« on: July 06, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »
I may be losing my mind, but I can't get FileZilla 3.11.0.2 to work with the Fx and FMD PLCs.

I've had older FileZilla versions work, but now when FilleZilla sends the "LIST" command to the PLC's FTP server, there is no response from the PLC and the command times out.

I can "talk" to the PLC using Windows command-line version of FTP. This works fine to send/receive files and list out the files on the PLC. So I know that the problem is not with the PLCs nor my marginal understanding of FTP.

Do you have a recommendation on a Windows based FTP client that still works with the PLC's.

The reason I bring this up, is that you have used FileZilla as sort of a standard FTP client for use with both the PLC web-server and the PLC's filesystem and FTP fileserver documentation.  And right now I can't get it to work...

Gary D.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:46:38 PM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:FileZilla 3.11.0.2 and Fx/FMD PLCs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »
I downloaded Filezilla 3.11.0.2 into a Windows 7 computer (64-bit) and ran it.

It did have problem connecting initially, but after I did the following I can connect to the Fx2424 without any issue.

1) Under the "General" tab, select "Only use plain FTP" in the "Encryption" drop down selector
2) Under the "Transfer Settings" tab, select "Transfer mode" as "Active"and check the "Limit number of simultaneous connections" and put a "1" there.
3) When first connected Windows firewall ask to add Filezilla to the firewall exception list and I selected "Yes" when prompted.

After connection I also tested downloading and uploading of files via Filezilla to the Fx2424 server and everything works. You may want to give it a try.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Re:FileZilla 3.11.0.2 and Fx/FMD PLCs
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
Thanks.  You've confirmed it, I have lost my mind.

I had the transfer mode to "Passive"

FileZilla Works!