General > Opinions & Feedback

0-5v 0-10v conversion

(1/2) > >>

sparks32:
Hi Guys have i have a VSD that i want to connect to a fx2424. it has a 0-10v input to control the output frequency. i put a link to the Manuel. on page 22 of 89 is the description I have to work off. is there anyway to make the fx2424's 0-5V outputs compatible ?I'm new to analogue outputs.

http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/Manual_3G3EV.pdf
thanks for help

garysdickinson:
Sorry, there is no diect way to get a 0..10 V analog output from the Fx2424.

The Fx1616-BA does support 0..10 V  analog outputs and would connected to your VSD without external circuitry.

With external circuitry it is possible get a 0..10 V signal from the Fx2424:

1. Use an operation amplifier with a gain of +2 to multiply the 0..5 V signal to 0..10 V
2. Use the PWM (pulse width modulated) outputs with some external circuitry to create a 0..10 V signal.

As you indicated that you have little experience with analog stuff, you will need help from someone with more expertise.

Good luck,

Gary d

sparks32:
thanks for your input. i thought about PWM but even filtered wouldn't the ripple be a concern? I'm trying to read up on the times 2 multiplier electronics and also maybe the data acquisition and control
modules none i which i know much about but i'm not sure which way i should be going for atm. all a bit of a learning curve really

garysdickinson:
On the PWM approach, managing ripple is handled by the external circuitry. This but one of many issues with analog circuitry.

You should look on page 4-22 of your inverter manual.  You will find an example of how the inverter can be programmed to get the full range of motor speeds with only a 0..5 V signal.

I think that 4-22 will elimate the need for external circuitry and allow direct connect between the PLC a and the inverter.

Best regards,

Gary d

sparks32:
Thanks for the advice there. i see now i'll just set F max = 5v on the VSD, at the risk of looking stupid, i'll ask anyway could I make a connection from the fx2424 DB15 pin 14 to VSD FR and pin 9 (0V ) to FC leaving FS unconnected? would that give me a good connection to DAC #1? the FS 12V looks a bit scary. The VSD is already set to Voltage type input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version