Author Topic: TriLogi install issue  (Read 7068 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
TriLogi install issue
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »
I am installing TL7 TL6 software onto a new PC. When I try to start the software it gives me the dialog box to pic either TL6 or TL7 and if I pick either it gives me Unhandled exception error and does not load. PC is Windows 7 64 and java is 1.4.2_19

Ideas?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TriLogi install issue
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »
It could be that the existing Java JRE in your PC is preventing proper installation of the JRE 1.4.2_19 (or it disables the old version) or you have an incomplete installation of JRE 1.4.2_19.

In order see what error message is shown please go to: C:\TRiLOGI\TL7\ folder and double-click on the TL7.bat file. A command prompt windows will open up and it will show you error messages that explain what is missing. Please capture the screen shot and post here.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:07:42 PM »
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\bin\java.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\bin\java.exe" -jar TL70.jar
IF EXIST "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\bin\java.exe" "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_19\bin\java.exe" -jar TL70.jar

REM The following will run TL64.jar using default JRE. Uncomment the line to enable it.
REM java -jar TL64.jar

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 04:44:21 PM »
Fixed it. Shortcut on desktop was from older version. Created new shortcut and now it works.

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »
Now install on my laptop windows 7, 32 bit.

Using TL7. Connecting to PLC with RS232.  Shows communication link set up OK.

When I try to down load program to PLC download over write question comes up, when I say yes it quickly flashes downloading window and never transfers program.

I removed and  reloaded java - no change. Using server 3.18A, Java version 1.4.2_19 from install CD

Ideas?

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:18:23 AM »
No response from Triangle on this yet.

I was able to get it going by doing full removal of Java and Tri software from the PC, using CC cleaner to remove all Triangle and Java traces and doing clean install from the Internet. Now it is working.

Gary Dickerson gave the suggestion to use CC Cleaner and remove all old Tri software along with Java when he has had similar Tri software issues -Thanks Gary!!

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
Good to know that it works. It is really a Windows/Java issue and not a TRiLOGI or TLServer issue and it is always a fluid situation.

Every time Java upgrade itself it is doing something different and different users have different encounters. Some reported that the Java update either removed or disabled the JRE 1.4.2_19 which TLServer run on for reliable communication via serial port.  However, on our systems here at TRi we are unable to replicate the reported issues and so we can only provide a general advise.

Recently we supported a customer whose i-TRiLOGI was unable to communicate with the TLServer on the same PC via localhost, even though the TLServer was running and has serial comm with the PLC. We initially suspected that the firewall is blocking localhost connection but the problem remained after the firewall was turned off.

On further investigation we learned that the customer also installed a Virtual box with virtual IP address and he did not have any internet connection at the time. In the end after he has connected to the Internet (turn on his Wi-Fi adapter and connect to the Wi-Fi) the problem resolved automatically. This is again not something we can replicate as it is definitely not necessary for the PC to have internet connection in order to connect to the TLServer on localhost.  We suspect it may have something to do with the Virtual Box but we have no confirmation.  This is a very unique situation that we have also learned of it for the first time....
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS