Author Topic: IP recovery on F1616  (Read 5577 times)

EtienneP

• View Profile
    • HVAC Technician
IP recovery on F1616
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »
Is it possible to recovery the IP adresse by RS232 or RS485 Port?
I've trouble with an F1616 and the last time connection is 2 year ago and we lost the ip adresse...
I'm able to read dm register on RS485 port by ModbusPoll but I cannot make any change by TriLOGI.

Any solution?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:IP recovery on F1616
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:36 PM »
Yes, you need to start TLServer and connect to the PLC via the serial port (RS232 or RS485). Then you will be able to use i-TRiLOGI to connect to the PLC via TLServer and retrieve or reset the Ethernet settings.

TLServer can be started from the Start -> i-TRiLOGI 6 -> TLserver Version 3.1. Once it is started you need to click on the "Serial Port Setup" and enter the test string "IR*" and if all goes well you should receive the "IRxx*" response string.

Note that if your PLC program has changed the serial port to Modbus only, then you may not get a response on the serial port from TLServer. If that is the case, power cycle the PLC with DIP switch #4 set to ON so that the PLC powers up in PAUSE mode and assume the default settings of 38400 bps, 8,1,n. You can then use the TLServer to communicate with the PLC's serial port.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:52:30 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS