Author Topic: Version 7.03 build 02 simulation issue  (Read 8590 times)

cch1955

• Automated Machine Systems Designer
    • View Profile
Version 7.03 build 02 simulation issue
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
I have been using this package for about a week. This morning simulation function seems to have quit working. When I select simulation tab, no simulation windows appear, no I/O window etc. I rebooted etc and no improvement.

I loaded the TL6 integer version and simulated code no problem from past TL6 projects.

I then wen and downloade the update to amel sure all was upto date. Same problem.

I tried with simpletest 1 circuit program and more complex current development projects same result.

Any ideas?

cch1955

• View Profile
Re:Version 7.03 build 02 simulation issue
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:41:55 AM »
I found out what caused it.  In my intal equates setion is had entered this line:

DM[5] = .394

rather than  

DM[5] =  394

The result is no error generated by TL7 and simulation does not function nor provide any error condition either. I think this needs some improvement. Now since we can use floating point assignment errors should be checked and errors indicated.

Appreciate you looking into this.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:15 PM »
Thank you for your report. The error must have trip a java uncaught exception which then stop the program from continuing. We will look into this and get it fixed as soon as possible and post the next release.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
Thanks for your prompt response to the issue. I discovered later another surprise to me with floating point numbers.

R# = .45    Does not run in simulation mode, just hangs.

R# = 0.45  Runs fine in simulation mode and assigns the number to the floating variable.

So to set a floating point variable to a value of less than 1 , you MUST set a zero in the first position to the left of the decimal.

I suspect this is not what you planned on.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:06:17 PM »
Thank you for your report. The two issues are actually the same, which is that the compiler did not expect that the floating point number to start with a "." and therefore caused a crash. It is a simple fix and it should be released pretty soon.

You CAN assign a floating point number to the DM   e.g. DM[5] = 0.394  or DM[6]=1.2345 , the fractional portion after the decimal point  will be truncated and only the integer portion will be assigned. So DM[5] will be assigned with 0 and DM[6] will be assigned with "1".

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
Glad to hear an update is close at hand.
Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
TRiLOGI 7.03 build 03 has been released that fixed the reported bug as well as another bug that affects the data import of #Define table.

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:05:44 AM »
You ROCK!

Works great.

The new floating point is a HUGE time saver !

Allen Bradley would have taken weeks to fix a bug in their software.

Thanks Again

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »
Thank you for the feedback.

Floating point support on F-series PLC has only been introduced this year and even though substantial testing has been carried out during software and firmware development,  there may still be something that the engineering did not anticipate during development. So keep us inform if you encounter something that you don't like and we will get them fixed as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:14:32 PM by support »

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
I am running TRiLOGI 7.03 build 03 on Fx2424. I have noticed that when online monitoring a program, timers initiated by inputs don't seem to work correctly when activating inputs with the control check box set.

If I run the program in sin simulation everything works as I would predict.

I looked at documentation and the forum and see no issue mentioned.

Ideas? what am I missing?

Thanks

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 03:31:12 PM »
When you left click on the physical input, you turn ON the internal bit that represent the input status and when you let go the left mouse button it will write an OFF to the bit. So if you click on the input and then let go the mouse button when the CPU is busily running inside a custom function, then the input change may not be seen by the CPU. Try holding on to the mouse button and see if the timer will be initiated correctly.

Note that when you press on the left mouse button the bit representing the input is changed asynchronously. i.e. it can happen at any time during the ladder logic scan, and the internal input bit will be overwritten by the state of the actual physical input when the CPU perform the I/O scan. So it depends on when the change of the input take place the CPU may still miss the input change if the CPU is waiting in a loop somewhere inside a custom function.

If you want to activate a timer from online monitoring, it is better to turn on an internal relay and connect the internal relay's contact in  parallel to the physical input. This will ensure that the relay state change will activate the timer. The relay state can be turned OFF by the program when the related function or timer has begun operation.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:35:57 PM by support »

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
Thanks for the rapid reply. I did some additional testing.

In simple 1 input 1 output program. If I test program in simulation works as expect toggle input , output goes high.

When download same program on PLC using online monitoring mode, I can't toggle inputs in the online monitoring screen on the PC.

I seem to remember now that when in monitor mode, inputs can't be toggled from the online monitor screen in software with left click .

On PLC I held the input low with jumper, and the output went high as expected so input must be only through the hardware inputs on PLC in online monitor mode.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:09 PM »
As mentioned in the previous post, when you click on a physical input, you can only activate it for at most 1 scan time. When the CPU scan to the end of the ladder program it performs an I/O scan and will set the input to its actual physical state.

So if you click on an input that connect to an output, it will at most turn on the output for 1 scan time (stare at the output and you could see a blink) and the output will then turn off because the physical input is OFF.

cch1955

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
I changed program. The only way it will work with online monitor control is by having the input trigger a latching relay and a contact from the latching relay to start the timer which activates a custom function to clear several relays. Then I have to undertake another rung to reset the latched relay.

In any case the input never turns red or shows activation when either left or right clicking, the only way you know its activated is to look at what it is driving like the latching relay. If I have my cursor over an input in the online monitor mode and I hold the left cursor down and don't release it, the input should show red for activation (multiple times, but remains red until cursor released)

I should also be able to latch the input on with the right click as in simulation.

In simulation mode the old and new relay plans both work as expected and show the input activating with the cursor left or right click.

I think this area could use some improvement.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
Note that online monitoring let you see what the physical state of the I/O in real time. So when you try to change the state of the physical INPUT, it cannot stay in changed state unless the CPU is not performing any I/O update.

Since the CPU is always updating its I/O after every ladder logic scan the physical input you see on the online monitoring will always reflect what the actual physical input is and not what you trigger on the online monitoring.  

When you left click and right click any other elements (relays, outputs, timer, counter contacts) that are not controlled by the PLC program then it will behave similar to the simulation mode.