Author Topic: Missing Help Files for i-TRiLOGI V6.47 Build 07  (Read 6772 times)

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
Missing Help Files for i-TRiLOGI V6.47 Build 07
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
When running i-TRiLOGI V6.47 Build 07 the following files are missing (not installed) for help on the STR$ function:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI\TL6\public\Help\tbasic\strfloat1$.htm
   C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI\TL6\public\Help\tbasic\strint$.htm

If I run i-TRiLOGI V7.01 Build 03 the files have been installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI\TL7\public\Help\tbasic\strfloat1$.htm
   C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI\TL7\public\Help\tbasic\strint$.htm

I suspect that the problem is that the V6.47 TRiLOGI is using the V7.01 HTML file for the STR$ command (which includes support for floating point values) rather than the HTML version that only supports integer variables.

This is the text that I "see" when using V6.47:

STR$ (n)  & STR$ (n, d)
These two functions work differently when n is an integer type and  when n is a float type.
 Please select the function of the relevant type below:

STR$(x#)
STR$(x#, w) Where n is a Floating Point constant or variable
STR$(n)
STR$(n, w) Where n is an Integer constant or variable

By the way the help for PIDCompute and PIDdef  7.01 does not indicate that the functions such as PID compute require floating values for many of the arguments.  This is mentioned in the "TL7ReferenceAddendum".

In general the functions that were added to support floating point variables such as: ARCCOS, ARCSIN, ARCTAN, ... do not mention that the functions accept or require float type arguments nor does it specify the return type of the function.  One can guess at the argument types, but I would think that the point of documentation is to make this obvious.

I know these are little things, but I thought you'd like to know.

Regards,

Gary D.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:33:24 PM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Missing Help Files for i-TRiLOGI V6.47 Build 07
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »
Thank you for the alerts. We will get these fixed in the next software release (should be soon, to improve on the breakpoints handling).

BTW, all floating point functions can accept integer or floating point arguments but will return only floating point data. If assigned to an integer variable the data will be truncated (digital after decimal point are dropped).
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:49:28 AM »
 I noticed another thing about the combined TL6 and TL7 installation:

The programming examples that (.pc6) files are not installed.  The installer does make the directory structure
c:\program files\TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples and the following sub-directories:

Ethernet, FileService_Modem, HMI, I-7000, ladderEamples and TLServer

But there are no .pc6 or pc7 files in those sub-directories.

Gary D.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 06:31:54 PM »
Do you mean you get no .PC6 or .PC7 files at all?

We tested the last i-TRiLOGI installation by installing a fresh copy into a new directory and found that all the .PC6 and .PC7 files are properly installed. If you did not find any files could it be because of user privilege that Windows did not allow you to install these files? (kind of doesn't make sense, but not sure what else could be the explanation).

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
No .pc6 files. No .pc7 files.  I did get all of the executable files, all of the directory structure (folders) but no .pc6 or .pc7 files.  This is on 64 bit Windows 7.

There is some tricky win7 behavior with installation of executables.  I attempted to copy the .pc6 files from a backup archive, but ran into a permission problem when attempting to write into the folders that hold sample files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the I-TRiLOGI 6 & 7 and still get no .pc6 files.

I spend a bit more time and see if there is some issue with the win7 uninstall/install behavior.

Gary d
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:18:00 AM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »
We have just released i-TRiLOGI version 6.48 and 7.02 which have a number of improvements with respect to breakpoints handling, as well as support of the new keyword: ELSEIF (alias ELIF) statement. You may want to download the latest SetupTL7.exe file and "Run as Administrator" to see if the .PC6 and .PC7 files are properly installed.

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
The new version that contains i-TRiLOGI 7.02 Build 01 seems much better in regards to the help files.  They are both installed and much more helpful.

I have a theory about the "missing .pc6/.pc7 files".

I've got one more experiment and I'll report back in a bit.

Gary D.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:30:01 PM by garysdickinson »

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
I think that you are correct, the .pc6 and .pc7 sample files are being installed correctly.

I found that there were multiple i-TRilOGI installations on my hard disk:

C:\TRilOGI

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI

I probably was looking for the .pc6 and .pc7 sample files in the wrong directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI.  I forgot that the installer defaults to C:\Program\TRiLOGI for the installation path.

My experiment:
  • I uninstalled everything in both directories using a commercial uninstaller (Revo Uninstaller Pro) and cleaned my computer of all traces of TRiLOGI software.
  • Installed V6.48 build 01 and V7.02 build 01.  The default directory for the installer was "C:\TRiLOGI"
  • After installation, the C:\TRiLOGI directory was populated correctly.
  • The installer did not create folders at C:\Program Files (x86)\TRiLOGI.  This is as it should be.

I'm sorry for sending you guys on a "snipe hunt" looking for missing files.

Best Regards,

Gary D.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:49:42 PM by garysdickinson »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »
No problem. Thank you for letting us know what you find.

i-TRiLOGI installer basically installs everything under the \TRiLOGI\ main folder plus the jspwin.dll and serialio.jar into the Java directory and nothing in the Windows folder. It does also register the .PC6 and .PC7 to invoke their respective launcher so that you can double-click a .PC6 or a .PC7 file and it will invoke the correct i-TRiLOGI version.