Author Topic: Setup IP address over hostlink/LAN  (Read 5451 times)

kbldk

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Setup IP address over hostlink/LAN
« on: May 14, 2014, 04:46:39 AM »
Hi

I am trying to figure out how to change the ip address on my FMD1616-10 over the LAN connection.

Let say I can connect it through my twisted cable connection from my computer, can I then send a HOSTLINK command from my browser that changes the IP address on the PLC? I would lose the connection but then I can replug the PLC through the router and get access this way.

I have made program for PC where I need to find a way for the customer to customize the PLC product to become within his IP range. Lets say his router is 10.0.0.1-100 range and the standard ip is 192.168.1.5.

Is it possible?

KB

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Setup IP address over hostlink/LAN
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:28:09 AM »
There are several ways to change IP address for the Ethernet port.

1) You can use i-TRiLOGI to change the IP address at any time. Just click on the "Controller -> Ethernet & ADC Configuration" and you can assign a new IP address to the PLC.

2) You can also use the new CO5Uploader software which also support the same Ethernet & ADC configuration function to change the IP address.

3) The PLC can set its own IP address using the the SET_IPAddr command in TBASIC.  This command uses 4 octet stored in consecutive DM location to set the IP address. This means that you could use the hostlink command to write the new IP address to specific DM locations, after that triggered a custom function that runs the SET_IPAddr command to write the IP address to the PLC. After a reboot the PLC will assume the new IP address.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS