Author Topic: Font display issue in Win7 x 64, JRE 1.4.2.19  (Read 26715 times)

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:Font display issue in Win7 x 64, JRE 1.4.2.19
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »
I double-checked my OS. Everything is set as English (Canada) except the default language for none-unicode program.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 03:37:29 PM »
i-TRiLOGI is written to deal with unicode UTF-16. It works on all our computers here even if we have other languages installed. As long as the region and settings is in English the program only start up in English.

Files that contain complex script like Chinese, Japanese and Korean must be Unicode. So we don't understand what you meant by "non-unicode program set to Chinese". Perhaps you meant that "unicode program are set to Chinese"? If so, that would make sense since i-TRiLOGI is a Unicode program and therefore uses your default mode as the language of choice.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:41:15 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
The following screenshoot shows the setting in my computer. Hope it helps.
screenshoot 1:

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »
Screenshoot 2:

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »
Screenshoot 3:

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
Software team reported that the i-TRiLOGI software query the system properties for the user language of choice in order to determine which language file to use. This means that i-TRiLOGI software ask the Java run time system to tell it what user default language is. Java runtime then ask the operating system for the same question and then re-tell that to the i-TRiLOGI software.

In earlier Windows there is no such field as "non Unicode default language". JRE 1.4.2 being from the generation of Windows XP therefore probably got from Windows that the language you choose is the non-unicode default language and then tell that to i-TRiLOGI.  The subsequent JRE may become aware of the non-unicode default language field and therefore acted differently.

In any case the program is not supposed to overwrite what the O/S tells it or it will not work with non English language. In your case you may not want it to load the other language pack but for users of non English language that may be precisely what they want. So therefore for your case you can either don't define the non unicode default language, or simply do what you have already done - to copy or rename the en_language.txt file to zh_language.txt file (since zh is in your case the user.language that i-TRiLOGI was told to use).  

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:42:21 AM by support »

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »
You mentioned "In earlier Windows there is no such field as "non Unicode default language". JRE 1.4.2 being from the generation of Windows XP..."

Here is a screenshoot from Windows XP, clearly it has the so called "non-Unicode" configuration.

As I mentioned before, TRiLOGI works at Windows XP with same setup, but not in Windows 7.  I understood it is related to JRE 1.4.2 and Windows 7, but, still, the programmer should be able to find a way to fix it, at least pop up an error message to let user know the proper config file is missing, in this case it was the zh_language.txt.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Thank you for your suggestion. However, 99% of the English Windows user probably won't be setting non-Unicode language to other language. So your case should be considered an exception. AS mentioned if we tweaked the program just to override this JRE or Windows bug, then we are introducing non conformity to the software and it is likely to affect other non English language users who genuinely want to run the other language. So it does not make sense. Since you have a workaround we believe that should be good enough for your purpose.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:06:45 PM by support »