Author Topic: Unable to Read from NANO10 data memory DM[1] using Mobus TCP and RTU  (Read 7215 times)

roypthomas

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
I was trying to read the NANO10 PLC DM[1]  data memory to cimplicty HMI using MODBUS/TCP protocol and RTU.

I defined protocol in cimplcity MBTCP0, created a device with device address 01,  and created a point with 41001 where I have setpoint value of type integer.

I created a GenerciPLC type and STAT_PLC type.  None of these methods worked.

I failed to read. What could be the problem?

Please advise for cimplicity HMI or iFIX or any other HMI with MODBUS/TCP or Modbus RTU.

Thank you

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Unable to Read from NANO10 data memory DM[1] using Mobus TCP and RTU
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »
We do not have Cimplicity to play with to give you direct advise. The most important configuation data is the IP address of the PLC which must be on the same subnet as the CImplicity HMI. The default Modbus/TCP port is 502.

You should be able to pull data from the PLC via Modbus/TCP if all settings are correct. Do check if Cimplicity has any mean to monitor communication with other devices.

For a quick test of the PLC's Modbus/TCP server, you can try the Modbus Poll software that you can download from http://www.modbustools.com/ which is very simple to connect to the PLC and read the data.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS