Author Topic: Input #4 on FMD16-16  (Read 4846 times)

jbrandall

• farmer boy
    • View Profile
Input #4 on FMD16-16
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:01:31 PM »
Is there something special with input #4 on the FMD 16-16?  I recently purchased 3 boards and have tried to use 2 of them with the same results:  I have two 3 wire normally open NPN proximity sensors hooked to inputs 3 and 4.  When I power up or reset the plc, if the sensors are on, input 3 works as it should, however, input 4 does not.  Both sensors indicate that they are on, and the #3 led and the #4 led are lighted on the board.  However, in monitoring mode, input #4 does not show up as on, but #3 does (as it should), nor does my program function properly.  Moving the sensor away from it's target and back corrects the problem, but this is not acceptable as sensors #4 is supposed to be on at startup and any of the other sensors could be on then.  I switched sensor wires, and the problem is still at input #4.

The sensors and the program worked on a Nano1, but I needed more inputs and outputs so I upgraded to the FMD 16-16.  I set the first FMD aside when it didn't work and tried the second.  Any suggestions on testing the third board without installing my programs on it? Any other suggestions??

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Input #4 on FMD16-16
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »
Did you define HSC #1 or PMON 1 or 2? These special inputs maps to inputs 3 & 4 If you did then the inputs will no longer function like a digital input.

Try to load in a blank program into the PLC and reset it, then try to trigger input 3 & 4 and see if you are able to read the input status correctly on i-TRiLOGI online monitoring.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

jbrandall

• farmer boy
    • View Profile
Re:Input #4 on FMD16-16
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:17:10 AM »
Ah yes, I did a PMON 2.  Silly me to think that referred to input #2!  Thank you, I think I can handle it now.