Author Topic: Email  (Read 5639 times)

BC SYSTEMS

• View Profile
Email
« on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm using the authenticated email program and it works fine but according to the LCD it says "unknown CMD" and "Email Failed"  even through it works every time?

Z$ is empty as I do not receive a response from my SMTP server. - not sure why?

I have modified the response code of the "ERROR_CHECK" function as below from:

@1
IF STRCMP (Y$, MID$(Z$,1,3)) = 0    ' Check for propper response

To:

@1
IF STRCMP (Y$, MID$(Z$,1,3)) <> 0    ' Check for propper response

The LCD now displays "Response OK" and "Email Sent" but am I just putting a plaster on this or is this what I have to do based on this servers response?

Cheers

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Email
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »
I have checked with the software department and they said that it seems like you actually are getting a response in Z$, but the function clears it every time (intended), so you won't know what it is.

The reason you see "unknown CMD" and "Email Failed" is likely because different SMTP servers send slightly different responses and the program is expecting a certain response.

The code change you made is telling the program to display "Response OK" and "Email Sent" regardless of the response from the SMTP server, so you won't know for sure if it is accurate.

The software department is looking at a revision for the email program, which will be posted in the forum again.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

BC SYSTEMS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »
Hi,

Ok thanks. I can setup a test email account and send you the file if it helps?

Cheers.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
Thanks for providing the program. The software department was able to revise the email program to be a bit more robust. You may remove the link anytime.

A follow-up email has been sent to you already.

As a general note, the email sample program will be revised and available on the forum when it is completed.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS