Author Topic: Java applet with liferay portal  (Read 8268 times)

brent_sun

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Java applet with liferay portal
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
hi,
I am trying to embed applet within liferay portlet, the applet is same as what in example of PLCmon, however, it hits error of "incompatible magic value 1008813135 in class file", does it mean applet is not support in portlet?

also, I want to ask:
1.   Can sample java applet connect to TServer without creating a circuit and running simulation?
2.   Can sample java applet connect to TServer without a controller attached to laptop serials port?

thanks.

rgds
brent

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Java applet with liferay portal
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
We have no experience with portlet to offer any advise. Perhaps other users who have experience can comment.

also, I want to ask:
1.   Can sample java applet connect to TServer without creating a circuit and running simulation? No
2.   Can sample java applet connect to TServer without a controller attached to laptop serials port? No
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:02:26 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

brent_sun

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
I see.

I saw NanoHMI example, can I define server ip in it and use it connect to remote Tserver? so far as my understanding, it can only run on web server in Nano PLC, am I correct?

thanks.

rgds
brent
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:52:23 PM by brent_sun »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »
The built-in HMI javascript control web page is designed for a client such as a PC to communicate with the PLC. You can't design a Javascript webpage to connect to a remote server as it will violate the security policy of any browser so this cannot be done.

However you can program the PLC (ladder + TBASIC) to make a client connection to a remote server to upload/download data or connect to another Super PLC or a third party Modbus/TCP device for control or data exchange.

brent_sun

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »
I see.

looks like I am having problem to deploy your sample applet into tomcat, did you do this before?

will it be workable if I sign the applet running on tomcat?

thanks.

rgds
brent

brent_sun

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
forgot to ask, do you have an example of html based rather than an applet?

thanks.

rgds
brent

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »
Which PLC model are you using?

The applet is supposed to stay on the PLC web server space so that the browser can load it and execute command back to it. Alternatively it can reside in the TLServer own space and the connection is to the TLserver.

The XHMI1 applet on F-series PLCs only connect back to the IP address of the server from which it is loaded. You can't load the applet into external server such as Tomcat and then try to connect to the PLC since the browser security policy will not permit it anyway.

The HMI on Nano-10 and FMD PLC are Javascript based instead of applet found on the F-series.