Author Topic: Font size is too small, hard to read  (Read 5344 times)

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Font size is too small, hard to read
« on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Problem:
1. Main window:
Font size is small. The comment is difficult to read.
Tried to change the font file of comment in "en_language.txt" to "arial". It helps a little, but still not good.

2. Custom Function window
The font is too small, hard to read. Especially the comment, it is virtually unable to read.
Tried to change the font, no success.

Please refer to attached picture - it is 100% crop from screen.

Basic information:
Java: 1.6.0.27; 1.4.2.19
Trilogi: 6.4.3
Display: 24" LCD, 1920x1080

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Font size is too small, hard to read
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
Your screen resolution is very high and you probably has a small screen so the font size may be a bit small.

Did you try a larger number for fontIncrement?

Also you can change the font size by modifying the value assigned to the variable "CFeditorFontSize" in the en_language.txt file.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:25:45 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
I tried change the font size, from 14 to 100, no help.

I don't think the screen resolution is too high. Check the picture in my first post, compare the string "Press F1 for context-sensitive Helps" with the comments on both screen, you should see the difference. Especially in Custom Function Editor window, the comment is in "Italy" which makes it worse. If the font/color can be the same "Press F1 ...", it would be ok.

In the custom funtion editor, is there any way to change the font bigger? It uses very strange font and I cannot change it.

BTW, I use the same monitor in windows XP, everything is ok. It is something related to Windows 7.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
See screen shots below, which was created with "CFeditorFontSize" set to 20 on a Windows XP. Will have to try it on Windows 7 to see the result.

If you have Windows 7 Professional you can run the Virtual XP so that engineering program can be run using the Windows XP mode to circumvent Windows 7 related quirks.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:55:30 AM by support »

DW_Microsys

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
I un-installed Java 1.4.2_19 and it come back normal. Looks like this version of JVM doesn't work with windows 7.

However, when I tried to upload program to PLC, I had one success out of 3 (350words of program).

My windows 7 has Jave 6 update 27 installed.

Please do some more investigation about running TriLogi on windows 7 and reply.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
It sounds like your JRE 1.6 on your PC is not happy with the JRE 1.4.2_19 being installed along side it?  Normally this isn't a problem and we have installed the i-TRiLOGI on multiple Windows 7 PCs that have both JRE 1.4.2_19 and JRE 1.6 installed and i-TRiLOGI runs as without an issue. I could change the fontincrement and CFeditorFontSize and the program behave as expected.

I suggest you remove all the versions of JREs from your PC. Then install JRE 1.4.2_19 and test i-TRiLOGI with it. Your program transfer problem should cease to be an issue.

After i-TRiLOGI runs on your PC properly, you can then install JRE 1.6 (if you need it for other applications). As long as you start i-TRiLOGI by executing the shortcut TL6Launcher.exe it will run under JRE 1.4.2_19.