Author Topic: Loading PLC program from laptop to PLC  (Read 9093 times)

abello87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Loading PLC program from laptop to PLC
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
Hello all,

I've finished programming and building my project that my PLC will control.  Now I want to finally dive into testing and I'm not real sure how to download the program onto the PLC. I get as far as going to the controller tab > Download program to PLC, then it asks me for 'input PLC's address' and i'm not sure what that value is?

I apologize if this is a boneheaded question!

Thanks. ;D

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Loading PLC program from laptop to PLC
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:22:08 AM »
Which PLC model are you using? If it is M-series, Nano-10, F-series or FMD then you will need to run the TLServer if you are programming via the serial port. Please refer to the Programmer's Reference guide on starting up the TLServer and testing the serial connection between the PC and PLC, then you can select the "localhost" IP address to connect to the PLC.

Nano-10, FMD and F-series can also be programmed via their Ethernet port which does not require you to run the TLServer.

E10 and H-series PLC are programming using the WinTRiLOGI software and you need to select the PC COM port from the "Setup Serial Port".
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

abello87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
H-series.  Thank you for the information!

abello87

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
Support,

In setting up the COM port through the WinTrilogi software, does my laptop need to be connected to my PLC or am I just finding the correct port information and putting it into my program?

***EDIT***
Think I got it all figured out. Sorry.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:18:36 PM by abello87 »