Author Topic: Nano-10 Write variable problem  (Read 6840 times)

jrustang

• The Shadow!
    • View Profile
Nano-10 Write variable problem
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with the Nano-10 Ethernet port.

I can connect to the PLC through it's com port No. 1 using "Modbus TCP Server" and "ASPIC" as the HMI, and control everything fine (that include, activating internal relays and reading the data of many variables).

The problem comes when I tries to use the Ethernet port to monitor and control the PLC. I can read the data of all the different variables that I need, but when I tray to activate  the internal relays of the Nano-10 it's just not accepting the command.

The problem Only show up when I use the Ethernet port. Using the Com Port No. 1 is not giving me any problems.

I made a few test transferring a simple program that consist on a single internal relay that activate an output, but it does not work when I tries to activated it from the HMI Program.

Any help will be appreciated.

J.Rustang

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Nano-10 Write variable problem
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
what software are you using as the Modbus/TCP client to connect to the PLC's Modbus/TCP server?

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

jrustang

• The Shadow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:34:05 AM »
The name is: GJModbus version 2.1.11.17

here is a link to download it...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27291071/GJModbus%202.1.11.7.EXE

Thank you.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
We used Modbus Poll software provided by:

http://www.modbustools.com/

We tested using the Ethernet port connection and there was no problem writing to the relays. We verify the changes using the i-TRiLOGI online monitoring screen. Any data we write to the relay using Modbus function 16 or function 05 will change the relay state immediately and the result is visible on the i-TRiLOGI online monitoring.

Our tech support did try to install the software you posted but could not get it working at all. However please note that it is outside our normal tech support function to test any 3rd party software. Please try to use Modbus Poll to conduct the test.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:55:45 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS