Author Topic: how to send mail from plc?  (Read 6324 times)

danier

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
how to send mail from plc?
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Best Friends forum

can someone please tell me how I can configure the plc f1616ba to send an email with a subject anyone to my address, I tried with the examples as a guide but it was not possible, intende from the TV-server but it always generates error back , plus I have other questions.

1) Tele-server should always be ejecuntando for the plc can send mail?

2) can send mail from the TRiLOGI only with certain features?
  3) plc may receive mail with an order to perform an action?

please forgive me if I am not clear but I only speak Spanish is that I use for this query traducctor

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re: how to send mail from plc?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:56:41 AM »
1) Please refer to F1616-UserManual.pdf : Chapter 2 - Section 2.1.3 on how to set up the SMTP server IP address and port number.

2) Please download the TestEthernet.pc6 software from our website:

http://www.tri-plc.com/trilogi/FPLCsamples.zip

There are examples in the PC6 program that show you how to make the PLC send out emails. You should modify the example slightly to have the PLC send email to yourself as a test.

3) The PLC can only use SMTP servers that do not require authentication. Many ISPs allow their internet users to use their SMTP servers to send email without authentication since they only allow the IP addresses that they have issued via their DHCP server to use the SMTP server.   However, there are also ISPs that insist on authentication before accepting EMAIL. These kind of SMTP servers cannot be used by the F1616-BA to directly send email using the <EMAIL> tag.

If your SMTP server require authentication, you can use the TLServer to provide the authenticated EMAIL service and your PLC can connect to the TLServer via the <REMOTEFS> tag to relay the email via the SMTP server. Please refer to the following forum topic for the connection method:

http://www.tri-plc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1608

Note: There are also users who successfully used the <TCPCONNECT> to log in to the SMTP server and use the PRINT #4 and INPUT$(4) to interact with the SMTP server to negotiate for authentication and they can then use the SMTP server to send out email. This only works if the authentication is non-encrypted but since it is not a universal solution we do not yet provide tech support for such method.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:59:29 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS