Author Topic: Version 6.24, no right click menu in edit windows  (Read 9023 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Version 6.24, no right click menu in edit windows
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
This is with Version 6.24 with either CD version or latest Java versions on a XP PRO computer. When in either a ladder comment window, or a custom function window there is no way to cut/copy/paste text. Right click does not produce a menu window, and clicking edit is not allowed.

Anybody else with this problem. This is the first time I have tried this area since upgrading and the wide screen monitor which is the subject of another recent topic.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:16:00 AM by cdenk »

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Version 6.24, no right click menu in edit windows
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
Removed Trilogi V6.24, installed V6.3, no change. Installed V6.13 in another folder. V6.13 is OK, V6.3 is still, no right click menu or access to edit.

This is an Intel DP965LT motherboard and ATI 2400 HD graphics card. Both have latest drivers.

EDGAR

• Automating concepts around the world!
    • View Profile
    • Kinemics
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »
You're right! no popup window, use the following keys for copy and paste.

Keys: Ctrl + C = Copy
Keys: Ctrl + V = Paste

Ed
Low cost Modbus OPC DA Server, supporting Modbus RTU, ASCII, and TCP. Download your demo today! Go to www.kinemics.com/modbus.

cdenk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »
 Thanks for the reply

The ctrl-C, ctrl-V works, return to Dos Wordstar or Linux terminal days. :(  I think I'll stay with V6.13, until it gets fixed.

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Version 6.30 and 6.24, no right click menu in edit windows
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »
Just downloaded/installed 6.30 build 1. The standard Windows right click menu to copy/cut/paste is still missing, which goes back to 6.24. Is there a schedule to restore that functionality??  

For those of us that are maintainers rather than developers that's a pain, need to go back to old notes to see how do work.

Had previously gone back to 6.13 for the right click ability, but now see there is a dual core issue, and this  computer is a dual core P4. Are the dual core issues in 6.13? I have had unexplainable issues with monthly actions not being executed, with a series of "IF's" with "AND's"  and "OR's" being true when going to real time monitoring, and checking the variable values.

Do I need to go back to a single core computer running Windows ME?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »
The dual core CPU issue affected earlier release of version 6.2x but it has been fixed on version 6.24 and now version 6.30. If you are still using version 6.1x there isn't a problem with single or dual core CPU.

If the PLC "sometime" does not execute certain action, it has to do with the program logic and it is not caused by the editor's behavior.

Version 6.2x and 6.30 use the Java Swing GUI instead of Windows GUI and unfortunately the editor pane did not support mouse right click menu by default. The advantage of the new editor is that you have a split screen with the online help for keywords on the lower pane and better text search function. All that is missing now is that you need to use Ctrl-C to copy selected text and Ctrl-V to paste selected text elsewhere.

Most people (myself included) are quite used to using keyboard for cut and paste instead of using the right mouse click. We are sorry to learn that it bothers you so much. There is indeed plan to add right mouse click in the future release when more editor features are included, but it is not a priority for the development team at the moment.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:41:51 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »
Internet TRiLOGI Version 6.40 has just been released. You can now use right mouse click to open a small menu to select text copy and paste. However, this is the least important of all the improvement in the new version. new i-TRiLOGI now supports syntax highlighting and C-language like block comments using /* ... and */ which can be quite helpful for program testing.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS