Author Topic: Nano problems with MDS100-BW  (Read 5126 times)

davestewart53

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Nano problems with MDS100-BW
« on: December 10, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »
I am trying to attach a MDS100-BW lcd screen to RS485 port on the Nano plc and after looking at the documentation I used print #3 command in my dcust function script and as I found out this did not display my scripts so after contacting the support they told me Nano uses Print#1 to display the data so I changed to this
 I now have a different problem as some how this is changing the communication settings and once loaded I cannot access the plc at all through the RS 485 or ethernet
To solve this I set Jumper J4 on the PLC which allows the communication but halts the PLC and reloaded the program with out the LCD function and all is good again with full communication re established I would like to know if there is any solve for this as I would like to use the LCD and have communication with the PLC
Scipt sample
PRINT #1"?P0101"
PRINT #1"DATE: = "+str$(date[3])+"/"+str$(date[2]+"/"+str$(date[3])

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Nano problems with MDS100-BW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »
Nano-10 only has 1 RS485 port so if you use it via TLServer for programming and online monitoring, then it is used as a slave port and your PLC program cannot use it to talk to the MDS100-BW while online monitoring is going on. Otherwise the PLC program will disrupt the communication between the PC and the PLC.

Since Nano-10 has an Ethernet port, all you need to do is to program or monitor through the Ethernet port and then the PLC's RS485 port is then freed to be used to talk to MDS100.

You can either connect Nano-10 to a switch or the router (preferred method), or connect the PC's Ethernet port directly to the Nano-10's Ethernet port (less desirable but still possible). The method has been described in details in Chapter 2 of the Nano-10 User's Manual.

Once properly connected you can then use TRiLOGI to access the Nano-10's IP address directly (you don't need to run TLServer at all), I believe this will be the best way to use your Nano-10 PLC since both program transfer and online monitoring are MUCH FASTER via the Ethernet port than the RS485 port.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:42:28 AM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

davestewart53

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:11:23 AM »
Thks for the swift reply much appreciated
I will try this out
I had some real issues as I changed the IP address to 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.5 to suit my laptop configuration and after that I could not see the plc from the laptop at all.
I was fortunate that I copied down the settings so I went back through the RS485 and changed those settings back to the 192.168.1.5 and 192.168.1.1 (I have no idea why it works as its on a different ip to my laptop but it does) and I can now see and monitor the plc from the laptop directly linked via the Ethernet to the Nano- 10
I will try and re-enable the LCD and see if that works out

davestewart53

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
Thks it works fine now and the laptop ethernet ip address was set to 192.168.1.1 is was looking at the wireless side which was set at 192.168.0.1 mystery solved Thks again