Author Topic: Periodic alarms send  (Read 4981 times)

cielo

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Periodic alarms send
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:28:14 AM »
Hi,

I'm a very newbie in this PLC area.
I'm using a Nano-10 device for some basic functions : some on/off inputs and an analog temperature sensor. I want to be able to send some emails when one contact is opened or when the temperature is higher than a threshold. I managed to sole this problem using but I have a problem : how can I send same email at every 30 min for example? of course,  I want to be able to set this timer and the mail need to be retransmit if only the sensor is still in alarm position.

I'm using a very simple config, as you may see in the attached picture.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:28:49 AM by cielo »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Periodic alarms send
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:29:28 AM »
1. You should change your custom function to differentiated type:
{dCusF} instead of the one that execute every scan of the custom function {CusFn}.

2. You can use a 1 minute clock pulse (under Special Bit table) together with the alarm relay to drive an up counter that has preset value = 30. This means that when the alarm is ON, the counter will increment by one every minute until it reaches the set value (30) and then then it rolls over to 0 and trigger the counter output.

3. You can use this counter output to disrupt the USA3sec timer so that it resets USA3sec and when USA3Sec timer times out it will send another email.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

garysdickinson

• Old PLC Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:28 AM »
Cielo,

You can use a COUNTER and the Clk:1min Special Bit to create an event every 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:01:01 AM by garysdickinson »

cielo

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »
Thanks alot guys, it really solve my problem.

;D