Author Topic: How To use Basic  (Read 5721 times)

sparks32

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
How To use Basic
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:26:33 AM »
Hi there Guys,
I have a T100DM888+ PLC I?m not have much Trouble with the ladder Logic but the T basic has thrown me abit. I?ve spent 4 hours trying to find information about it but it Doesn?t seem to exist. My question is does anyone know where I could find any information on T Basic coding or How to use it. I used to use basic on the commodore 64 20 years ago but you had to number every line for starters so I know that the PLC uses a different form of basic. I?m a little lost
 :-[

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:How To use Basic
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
You should be able find all the TBASIC reference from the i-TRiLOGI Programmer's Reference which you can download from:

http://www.tri-plc.com/documentlist.htm

The best way to learn about how to use each function is to open the sample files from the folder:

C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples

All program fragments are well commented and you can simulate them using the TRiLOGI simulator to prove the concept.

If you have any particular function you are not clear, you can always search this forum (click the yellow search button) and there are more than 4000 posts covering almost every topic ready for the pickings :).

If you are our PLC user you can email us for specific question regarding the use of a function if it is not clear to  you.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:20:23 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

sparks32

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:How To use Basic
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:52 AM »
Thanks for that I'll give it a read through, I?ve done a bit Allen Bradley programming with RSlogix500 and have found that my programs tend to blow out when I start using maths based instructions, So much so that I find that I have trouble following my own programs, I can already see how Basic could potentially organize everything