Author Topic: Allowable characters in contact names?  (Read 4621 times)

cdenk

• View Profile
Allowable characters in contact names?
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
Trilogi 6.31 with a T100MD plc. I understand with version 6.2, the underscore is used to define a comment after a contact name. I had been using the "_" (underscore) to make the names more readable, and the before the "_" is frequently the same. There are many of these. :( But it appears the program is working OK, or maybe haven't noticed issues. Currently I'm trying to add a few custom functions and contacts.

1: Is 6.31 handling these existing "_" as previous versions?
2: Understand names are limited to 15 characters. What are legal characters beyond the actual alpha/numeric. i.e. -*@+/\, etc.
3: Is there a way to easily change the "_" to something else? Could I use a plain text editor to search and replace?
4: Do I need to go back to version 6.1?

Any other thoughts appreciated. :)

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Allowable characters in contact names?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
The "_" character is used to begin a comment for TBASIC variables such as A to Z, DM[] etc. This applies to all i-TRiLOGI after version 6.2. E.g. DM[1]_hello and DM[1]_world are referring to the same DM[1].

However, the underscore character is not used for commenting the label names for I/Os.

Underscore character forms part of the label name for I/O and the maximum limit is 15 characters. i.e. INPUT_1 and INPUT_123  are NOT the same label name.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:54:29 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

cdenk

• View Profile
Re:Allowable characters in contact names?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:04 AM »
Thanks for clarifying, sometimes we can't see the forest due to the trees. :)