Author Topic: F1616BA , MODBUS and INFILINK  (Read 4888 times)

jjones734

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
F1616BA , MODBUS and INFILINK
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
Does anyone have a basic information for mapping all of the inputs and outputs to buttons usign the KEP INFILINK HMI?  I am very new to the MODBUS protocol, (been in the DeviceNet link for a long time) I have read dozens of tutorials on the net.  But I am still at a loss when it comes to actually using the MODBUS protocol with the TAGS in this software HMI and using the KEP server.

For example:
I would like to simply be able to push a button the HMI and have it change state of an INPUT internal to the PLC

I would like to simply be able to read the accumulated value of a counter from the PLC and display it on the HMI.

I would like to be able to read the actual value of an Analog Input or Output and display that value on the Screen.

I would like to be able to input a numeric value on the screen and then push a button to send it to either a Timer Preset, or Counter Preset. Or to a math comparison function.

Those are the things I would like to do, but I am a bit fuzzy on where and how to do this using MODBUS and this INFILINK HMI.

along with the KEPserver that comes with the software. I am not sure exactly how the MODBUS mapping data works fromt he chart in the manual.

<my email address is : jjones734@gmail.com  Please if you have an exaple that would be great as well.

I hope that someone much more knowledgeable than myself can help with this.