Author Topic: XServer file service commands  (Read 4729 times)

Bruceh

• a llama no longer !!
    • View Profile
XServer file service commands
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
Can you please clarify the format & syntax of file service commands.
I have a T100MD+ connected to a XServer via Com1. The Xserver is connected to a VPN Router that has a 3G wireless card.
The PLC logs inputs from sensors (temperature, air flow, current) and records the data in a DM[] array. Periodically the plc powers up the Xserver and router, waits intill the connection is made with our LAN and then appends the data in the DM[] array to a text file on my pc. The whole unit runs on batteries so the data is collected for 6 hours before the router is fired up to conserve battery power.
Once the VPN router has connected with the LAN I can ping the XServer - no problem there. I can get ExcelLink to run and collect data from the unit in real time but I can not use this set up because of battery power restraints
Is one option is to have our LAN server 'port forward' the VPN connection to my PC?
I found a description of Remote file services in the Xserver manual that would 'point' the PLC vis the Xserver to my PC by using its IP address but I am confused about the actual syntax required. Should I be using <CONNECT> or <REMOTE> to do this? Please give an example or point me to better documentation. Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:XServer file service commands
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
There is a sample program: TestXServer.PC6 which you can find in the following folder:

TRiLOGI\TL6\usr\samples\XServer

Open up function #4 and you can edit it to test the REMOTEFS command tag which allows your PLC to open a file on the PC running TLServer and append data to it.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS