Author Topic: TL server problem  (Read 7292 times)

Petty_boy

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TL server problem
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
Hi,

I've been using the latest version of the TL server for several weeks without any problems.

If I try to run the server from a desktop shortcut nothing happens,  the only way I can run the server is with the Java console from the start menu??

I haven't knowingly updated any Java related programs so I'm not sure what's happening????

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ps  Running XP SP3
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:48:00 PM by Petty_boy »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TL server problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »
What does your desktop shortcut properties say? (Right click on it and select "Properties").  It sounds like the .jar file is not recognized by your O/S as a java executable file. It has to do with whether your O/S has added the property to its registry.

What JRE version are you using? You may want to re-install your JRE.

Recently we heard some reports that XP SP3 and JRE 1.6 don't mix too well - there are display problem when running i-TRiLOGI. When our users remove JRE 1.6 and installed JRE 1.4.2 the problem was resolved. However, JRE 1.6 and XP/SP1 and SP2 has no such problem. Vista also seems to work OK with JRE 1.6. Only SP3 is the problematic one.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:28:52 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

Petty_boy

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re:TL server problem
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:20 AM »
Hi,

Found the problem.... my Samsung mobile software (which was updated about a week ago) changed the file association .jar to a Samsung installer file.  I reset this to a Java executable file and bingo!

Cheers.