Author Topic: Windows Vista 64 Bit and Tri Software  (Read 5337 times)

PLCstar

• I'm a ladder logic fool!
    • View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
Windows Vista 64 Bit and Tri Software
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:59:08 PM »
I have done a search here and read a lot of discussion  concerning Vista and Tri-logi et al. I unfortunately came away a bit more confused besides being a little more educated on the matter.

A laptop failure a few months back forced a purcahse of a new laptop that has Vista 64 bit Home Premuim. A phone call the other day from a customer that I have installed and programmed some Tri-PLCs has me thinking I better get this new laptop up to snuff!

I would like to know what is the bottom line of what I need to do to get this laptop going and if anything needs to be done to the existing PLCs in the field.

I have seen a few new versions discussed and I assume 6.2 is the latest? Can I download the latest version or is a purchase required?

Thanks

Jim

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Windows Vista 64 Bit and Tri Software
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 11:37:13 PM »
We have not tested the software on 64-bit Vista. But the software have been tested to work on Windows Vista home edition. You have to install the JRE for 64-bit vista and then install the TRiLOGI 6.22 and TLServer 3.15 and test it.

You can follow the "Upgrade" link in your current TRiLOGI software to obtain the upgrade to the latest TRiLOGI software.

Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

PLCstar

• View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 03:00:26 PM »
Wow the magic upgrade link in the software that is not installed... LOL  ;)

Actually I should see if the old 5.2 version will install. I will let everyone know what happens.

Jim

PLCstar

• View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
Will not install. It crashes and comes up with a CRC error. Do not know if it is from a bad spot on the disc (looks good, like new) or if it is because of the operating system.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »
If you have the CD, look for the "upgrade.htm" document in the x86-Windows folder on the CD which will bring you to the upgrade website with the username and password.

Also do not try to install the JRE 1.4.2 that comes with the CD on the Vista 64-bit. I don't think it will work. Your Vista may already have the JRE installed (verify by entering "java -version" from the Command Prompt. If not go to Java website to download and install the correct JRE version.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:27:43 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

PLCstar

• View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
Thanks!

Will try the upgrade.htm