Author Topic: XServerConfig.exe crashes  (Read 5895 times)

lberridge

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
XServerConfig.exe crashes
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »
Hello,

I installed XserverConfig.exe on Vista and on XP.  The program crashes on both OS when I try to run it.  I have the Xserver connected properly with the shipped cable and the Dip switch set to config mode.  I receive a Windows error: system.invalidoperationexception error.  Has anyone seen this behavior?  I have tried disabling antivirus, firewall etc.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:XServerConfig.exe crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
Is your XServerConfig installed from the CD-ROM? That version is not compatible with Vista although it should work on Windows XP.

Please send email to support@tri-plc.com and provide your purchase information and we can send you a link and password to download the latest XServerConfig.exe that should run on Windows Vista or Windows XP with Dot Net 2.0 Framework installed.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

lberridge

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »
ServerConfig.exe is downloaded version per included instructions.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 11:13:41 PM »
We have not experienced this Windows error that you mentioned. It seems like some kind of system conflict. Did you setup the serial port first before attempting to transfer data to/from the XServer? You should click on the "Serial Setup" button if and select the correct COM port first. Then click on the "Open Port" button to open the COM port just to be sure if it is an available COM port.

If you have an XP computer you can also try to install the pre-Vista version (i.e. the version that works for all previous version of Windows before Vista) and see if you can get the program running properly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:26:47 AM by support »

lberridge

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 05:32:28 AM »
Success!
Older version works properly on XP PC.
Please note: This is XP Home Premium with Service Pack 3.
Now, what should I do about my VISTA problem?
Is it safe and/or advisable to try the older version on VISTA?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »
As usual this appears to be a unique Vista problem. Is your Vista a 32-bit or 64-bit? Is it Home or whatever edition?

We have tried to install the older XServer setup program on a 32-bit Windows vista Home edition but the O/S did not allow the installation. Hence we developed the new XServerConfig.exe to work under Vista. The software was developed on a Windows Vista computer and uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. It worked flawlessly on all the Vista and XP computer (with .NET 2 frame work) that we tested on in our own facility. We have not encountered the "system.invalidoperationexception" error that you reported and at this point we are unable to offer an explanation to what is essenitially a Windows Vista abnormality.

If you can please email screenshots of those Windows errors messages that you encounter and we will see if we can make sense of them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:47:37 PM by support »