Author Topic: E10  (Read 7567 times)

EDGAR

• Automating concepts around the world!
    • View Profile
    • Kinemics
E10
« on: September 28, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »
Does the E10 support Special Bits like the other please? if so how can i add one.

also, I'm designing a surge protector for industrial air compressors, i have the plc connected to the unit CT to 24V. i like to add a suppressor to the supply voltage, can you guys recommend a type of suppressor i can use.

Thanks,

Regards,
Ed Santiago
Low cost Modbus OPC DA Server, supporting Modbus RTU, ASCII, and TCP. Download your demo today! Go to www.kinemics.com/modbus.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:E10
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »
E10 support a few special bits although less than those found on the H-series and M-series. When you insert a contact you can scroll using left/right cursor key and click on the drop down menu to select special bits table.

I am not sure how your surge protector work but do take note that E10 does not have analog i/os. For surge suppressor consider one of those Transorb that can work rapidly to absorb voltage surges on the AC lines.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

EDGAR

• View Profile
    • Kinemics
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 03:07:36 PM »
I'm just detecting a Transfer switch from Normal power to Emergency power. that occure in 10 ms so the units stays with no power for 10 ms.
I programmed the E10 and it detect the voltage drop faster than my eye can blink it worked. i just need it to add the suppressor to protect the plc.

in my version of winTRiLogic 3.5 for the E10 i don't get that table with the Special Bits. i can see it but can't select it.

Thanks.
Low cost Modbus OPC DA Server, supporting Modbus RTU, ASCII, and TCP. Download your demo today! Go to www.kinemics.com/modbus.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »
You should be able to select the special bit (sequencer or clock pulses) when you are creating a contact.  For E10 only a few of the special bits are available. The rest are shown as "-"

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 10:09:11 PM by support »

EDGAR

• View Profile
    • Kinemics
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
Sure, I see the Special Bits on the Drop down box but is not allowing me to select it. I click on it but it goes back to the previously selected item.

Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »
The picture I show to you above is when I try to insert a series contact and I picked up the Clk:1.0s special bit from the menu and it was inserted into the ladder circuit.

What were you trying to connect? Did you try to connect it as a coil? The special bit here can only be used as a contact on the ladder diagram and not used as a coil.

EDGAR

• View Profile
    • Kinemics
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 02:52:16 AM »
I also use the WinTRiLOGIC for the TM888+ too.  I'm doing the same thing as you're showing me. But it doesn't work even if i click on the side arrows it doesn?t go over counters.
I will re-install the program again.
Thanks.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
What version of O/S are you running? What version of JRE is being used? Hopefully a re-installation will work.