Author Topic: TriExcelLink Question  (Read 6822 times)

John

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
TriExcelLink Question
« on: September 17, 2007, 01:49:43 PM »
Dear Mr.

I have installed the TriExcellLink but I can't read from the PLC,
 I just try the sample S1 LocalHost that comes done with the software. When I press the "Run" button appears :''Execute Active Actions from Active Sites'' and " Execute once Actions with Period = 0" but the spreadsheet that opens (Book 1) is always empty. What do you think is my problem? is neccesary to do scripts on the spreadsheet first?

Thank you for your help.

Cordially,

John

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TriExcelLink Question
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:14:33 PM »
There is no need to create script on the Excel spreadsheet first. Is your TLServer running? TLServer must be running and connected to the PLC. Test communication with "IR*" command within TLServer to make sure that the comm link is good. The sample program will take the real time clock data fromt the PLC and display on the Excel spreadsheet when everything is done correctly.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

John

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »
Dear Mr.

Thank you for your help, yes I have link between the TL server and the PLC, I started first the TL server, then the Excel and last the TriExceLink, I test the IR* and it returns the ID (01).

When I use the 5 Macros of the "TestMacro" file that come with the TriExceLink CD I can read Variables but just when I run the macro and it isn't refresh autmatically I suppose it is correct, but when I try to do it without the TestMacro, just pressing the "Run" button don't work, it is the way the ExceLink work?

John

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »
You don't need the test macro Excel file in order to test run the sample Excel setup that is installed when you first install ExcelLink. When you click "Run" the MS-Excel will open up a new book and start writing data to a range of cells in the spreadsheet using the "seconds" data it obtain from the PLC's real time clock.

John

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:08:38 PM »
Dear Mr.

I have tryed but the SpreadSheet is always empty, with Macros it work well but with the "Run" button doesn't.  The Link is ok because when I close the spreadsheet the ExcelLink automatically stop itself.  I have reinstalled the Java, Tlserver and ExcelLink but is the same I have two PLC and two PC independently but I have the same problem. Is it possible that my ExcellLink package is corrupted?

I think the capabilitiess of ExcelLink are great but I can't use yet.

Thank you for your help.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »
Have the "Site" and "Actions" that you defined been shown as "Active"? The Active check box for both the Site and the actions must be checked in order for that action and site to run periodically if the actions have been defined as "periodic".

John

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »
Dear Mr.

Yes I have permanently marked the both activate box.

Thank you for your help!

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »
Can you look in the TRiLOGI\ExcelLink folder for the file:

EXLCONFIG1.CFG or EXLCONFIG2.CFG

You can email this file to support@tri-plc.com together with your purchase record (name of purchaser, distributor, invoice # etc that verify your purchase) and we can open it up at our end to see if there is anything in the definition that is causing an issue.

You can also copy out the above file (you have either one of them depending on whether you are running the version 1 or version 2) and reinstall your ExcelLink. There is a test demo that you should try to run to see whether it works properly on your setup before running your own. After that you can copy the EXCONFIG2.CFG file back to the Excel folder to get back your definition file.