Author Topic: HIGH SPEED COUNTER LIMITS  (Read 5982 times)

CMS

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
HIGH SPEED COUNTER LIMITS
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:50:19 AM »
Hi

Is the 4khz limit on the MX series purely due to the opto-isolated inputs or is there some other reason??

Cheers

CMS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:HIGH SPEED COUNTER LIMITS
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:36:27 PM »
yes, the optocoupler has a slower frequency response than the CMOS logic circuit using in the T100MD+ PLC. So even though the CPU HSC can operate up to 10Khz, the input optocoupler could not operate at that switching speed.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

CMS

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 10:53:58 PM »
Would it be possible to replace the optoisolator with one that has a faster response time, I need all the functions of a T100MX-3224R .  But I need to have a high speed counter to measure frequancy up to about 8Khz.  

I would require multiple units with such capabilitys, could I get the factory modified or would I have to modify them myself?

Cheers

CMS

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
The optocoupler used on the T100MX is bi-directional type with part number LTV814 or PC814. Since these are all socketed type you can replace with a pin compatible part that is faster. However, we can't recommend any part number without first testing it ourselve.

I did a quick search in the NET and found the following item:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/isocom/isk620.htm#electrical

It appear to be pin compatible with PC814, but a test is required to ensure that the current transfer ratio is sufficient to drive the PLC input.

Please contact the supplier for rise time/fall time data to determine whether it is much faster than PC814.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS