Author Topic: TM2424  (Read 6930 times)

dan

• View Profile
TM2424
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:29:08 AM »
Hi,

I have a 2424 that is in service for a few good mo.
Today for some reason is stop communicating with the interface and  I wanted to monitor the PLC I got a PLC Id 00 and the monitoring don't works.

Any suggestions?

Dan

dan

• View Profile
Re:TM2424
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:38:56 AM »
What I did not mention is the fact that when I try to connect with the PLC I receive no communication error but the ID is 00 and nothing works.

Dan

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »
One more update

If I try communicating. IR* I got back IR00

Dan

dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
Hi,

The system is back. I try to reload the existing program and it ask me for a password.  No having a password in this program I realized that I need to "clean" the mem.
Once I did that(and reload the program) everything works as before.

The question I have is what can I do, and what you suggest to do, to avoid similar situation.  This PLC has a 24V switching power supply , and between the PLC and the interface (PC) about 4ft of ribbon cable.

Thank you,

Dan

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 03:47:07 PM »
The EEPROM is either corrupted and could be damaged. You can try changing the ID back to 01 using the change ID command. Then test the ID using "IR*". If you can't change the ID then the EEPROM is damaged and need to be replaced.

If you managed to change the ID to 01, the next thing to do is to execute the command "@01$cKILL00*"  and that will clear the program in the PLC and kill any password (caused by corrupted EEPROM). After that you should be able to transfer the program to the PLC.

Once you have transferred program to the PLC, turn off power to the PLC and ON again to make sure that the program is loaded back properly from the EEPROM. If the program works after power on reset then the EEPROM is still OK and was merely corrupted.

But if after power ON reset the PLC again loses its program, then the M2017P EEPROM may be damaged. You can contact the seller or email to support@tri-plc.com to inquire about replacement chip. Alternatively you can purchase the optional M2018P  EEPROM which will provide more program and data EERPOM memory to the PLC.

Please check that if you use AC line filter on the power supply to ensure that power surge does not get rippled into the PLC which can kill sensitive EEPROM chip.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS