Author Topic: TLServer Disappears  (Read 7018 times)

PLCstar

• I'm a ladder logic fool!
    • View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
TLServer Disappears
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:51:20 PM »
(I did a search, but did not find any other posts about this problem. Yet for some reason it seems so familiar to me. Maybe it has happened before.)

When I try to run TLSERVER 2.0 or 2.1 on my WINXP laptop it appears for less then a second on the screen and then it disappears.

The last Tri-PLC project I did was last May and it worked fine, now it does not.

What changed? Not much, but perhaps a major impact. I just upgraded to IE 7.0 and Quickbooks 2007 Pro. Just about everything else has remained unchanged. I have noticed many java errors from websites with IE 7.0. Yet my Trilogi runs fine, or so I think... ha ha

I also saw some posts about a 3.0 version and a 6.0 Tri-logi. What am I missing? Anything good or significant? Should I upgrade?

Jim C.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 06:53:08 PM by PLCstar »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:TLServer Disappears
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
Your Java JRE may have been upgraded which means that the new default JRE folder does not have the jspwin.dll installed. You need to either re-install TRiLOGI or run the program instserialio.exe file that you can find in the: c:\TRiLOGI\TL5\Java Lib folder.

Perhaps you can take this opportunity to upgrade to TRiLOGI version 6.12 and TLServer 3.01. Some thing you may like such as ability to double-click a .PC6 file to open it up (instead of running TRiLOGI first, then use the File menu to open the .PC5 file). There are also enhancement such as EEPROM manager.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

PLCstar

• I'm a ladder logic fool!
    • View Profile
    • Morningstar Home Page
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »
Thanks......  ;D

That did the trick.

Are the newer versions of the software available as a free download or do they need to be purchased?

If available for download you can private message me with the weblink.

Thanks
Jim C.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »
Upgrade is free for existing licenced user. Just click on "Help" menu on your TRiLOGI software and follow the "upgrade" link.

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »
TLServer 3.01 also disappears after upgraded the newer versions of the Java JRE!
We need to re-install back the Java JRE v1.3.1!

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 08:31:13 AM »
When a JRE does an upgrade, it install itself in a new folder and make that default folder. But TRiLOGI's serial driver is not installed there. That's why the TLServer crash when started. All you need to do is to re-install the TRiLOGI software, or look for the file:

C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\java lib\instseriaio.exe

and double-click on it to install the serial driver once. Then TLServer would work with newer Java JRE.

However, we recomend that you stay with JRE 1.4.2. JRE 1.5 has caused some known problems in display, especially highlighting of syntax error in Custom function and during search. Do not downgrade to JRE 1.3.1 since this version is no longer supported by some Windows XP O/S and downgrading may lead to other problems.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:32:58 AM by support »

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »
Re-install the TRiLOGI version 6.12 was not help, TLServer 3.0 still crash when started.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 11:45:44 PM »
One suggestion: uninstall all versions of JRE from your computer, the download JRE 1.4.2 from Sun website. Then re-install TRiLOGI and TLServer should work.

FQ-ONG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 03:34:33 AM »
Just now, I upgrade the Java JRE v1.3.1 to JRE v1.4.2 and TLServer 3.0 disappears again. And then, I double-click on C:\TRiLOGI\TL6\java lib\instserialio.exe file, but TLServer 3.0 still disappears.

May I know where do I need to paste the jspwin.dll file if manually copy and paste? Does copy & paste the jspwin.dll file work or not?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:35:53 AM by FQ-ONG »

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »
I suggest you remove JRE 1.3.1 from your system, then install JRE 1.4.2 and then install TRiLOGI software.

If you wish to copy jspwin.dll file manually, please refer to our frequently asked forum board at the following:

http://www.tri-plc.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=297