Author Topic: PLC paused by DIP Sw #4  (Read 150 times)

nealbert

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
PLC paused by DIP Sw #4
« on: April 23, 2024, 09:39:37 AM »
I'm using a Nano-10 as the brains in a microwave generator.  A fairly simple design with three digital inputs (2 thermal switches and "mag energize" from the main System PLC) and one analog input (transformer current).  Digital outputs consist of 1 output to energize the transformer and another output to send feedback to the System PLC.  Jumpers J1 and J4 are OPEN.

So, I'm looking at On-Line Monitoring to monitor the Analog Input (transformer current) and this weird message pops up... "PLC paused by DIP SW #4    Turn OFF DIP Switch #4 to release it"
According the documentation, DIP #4 is the same as J4 on the Nano-10.  And, it should be OPEN for NORMAL RUN mode.  Which it is. 
Also, the PLC is still running.  It's NOT paused.  I can monitor the Analog Input and see it changing values.  I can turn the microwave ON and OFF.  I get feedback to the System PLC.  But, the message remains.  Oh yeah, it only pops up when On-Line Monitoring is active.

The message is not currently a problem.  It's just weird.  I've never seen this before.  But, this is only the second generator of this design I have built.  I'm building a third unit and I'll let you know if the same message pops up.  Meanwhile, if anybody has any ideas about this weird message, I'm all ears.

Neal Cooper

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 09:43:37 AM by nealbert »