Author Topic: program memory  (Read 6416 times)

Dave Miller

program memory
« on: March 05, 2004, 12:48:23 PM »
I've used up my 6016 words and still have some additional things I'd like to do.  I'm working on refining my program but are there any hardware options to increase memory? Most of thememory is used up in custom functions.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:program memory
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »
There is an optional EEPROM module M2018P which expand programmer memory of up to 8190 words. That is the maximum  program memory the M-series PLC can have. M2018P main purpose is to add data memory (7700 words) to the PLC for data acquisition purpose. Contact sales@tri-plc.com for purchase details.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS

corley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 09:34:24 PM »
Would this upgrade also give more string and/or data variables to work with?

There is an optional EEPROM module M2018P which expand programmer memory of up to 8190 words. That is the maximum  program memory the M-series PLC can have. M2018P main purpose is to add data memory (7700 words) to the PLC for data acquisition purpose. Contact sales@tri-plc.com for purchase details.

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »
No, the number of integer and string variables are fixed in TRiLOGI.

However, you could use a separate program to save string data into the EEPROM  using the SAVE_EEP$ command and then in your actual program, load the strings from the EEPROM using the Load_EEP$. This allow the PLC to select the suitable string to use by means of an index to Load_EEP$ and you can treat it as if it is an array of string constants.  Even for the standard EEPROM version this can be used to optimize use of string variable and reduce program size. With the M2018P option you have more than 300 strings to play with.
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS