Author Topic: Host link command structure  (Read 6583 times)

robynplc

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Host link command structure
« on: May 21, 2006, 08:31:52 AM »
Hello, I have been using Triangle Research products for some time.
On my next project I will be using a T100MD2424 to communicate with a remote E10NPN over a RS485 network.  I have been trying to figure out how the host link commands work.  I have loaded a blank program into the E10, and have been trying to send commands from my laptop using the serial port setup utility.  In an effort to understand how the command responce works before I put it into the actual T100MD2424 program.
 I have been trying to read and write the outputs and inputs but have not figured out how the responce corresponds to the actual input.  When I send the command WO00*  .  I do not understand the responce that I get.  The output sometimes turns on, but sometimes it does not.  How does it correspond to the actual output.

Since I only need to use one output from the remote E10 is there an easy command set to use to reliably control this output?

support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Internet Programmable PLCs
Re:Host link command structure
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »
Did you download the E10 host link command manual? If not, please download it from the following link:

http://www.tri-plc.com/HostlinkE10.pdf

There are detailed explanation of how the I/O are represented in the host link command. When you put "WO00*", you tells the PLC to write to the output port channel 0 but you did not specify the data which is why you sometime don't get the correct PLC output turned ON.  Try to use Multipoint command since this is the format supported by the NETCMD$.

If you only want to affect a single output bit, try the "Wb" command which is much simpler than using "WO" since the latter affect all outputs based on the word data. To turn on Output #1, send "Wb08FF" whereas to turn it OFF, send "Wb0800".

Once you get it working, then you can use the T100MD+ to control the E10+ PLC. You need to change the COMM3 port of T100MD+ to 9600 bps by executing "SETBAUD 3,3", then use the "NETCMD$" to send the host link command to E10+. It is very easy especially if you do not need to interpret the response string from the slave (such as a Write Bit command described above).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 04:12:40 PM by support »
Email: support@triplc.com
Tel: 1-877-TRI-PLCS